1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

VHT V-Drive

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by fuzzychaos, Jul 28, 2012.

1. fuzzychaos

fuzzychaos

Mar 17, 2008
    Ohio
    I have been through several fuzz, distortion and overdrive pedals lately and I have to say, for me, this thing actually rocks. I can get crazy harmonic rich distortion to a nice mellow OD sound. I hope to be able to post some sound samples later this week.

Anybody else try one of these? What are your thoughts?

2. caeman

caeman The Root Master

Sep 17, 2008
    Ohio
    I was curious to try it when I first read about it and was trying ODs. The multiple types of drives sounded intriguing.

StreamImage.

And the price is pretty good.

3. LSMFT6

LSMFT6 We brake for nobody Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2006
    California
    None
    I couldn't find many good demos but it looks intruiging. I'm not a fuzz guy but I love OD and distortion and am always on the hunt for a flexible, bass-friendly pedal. Samples would be appreciated.

4. mmbongo

mmbongo Dilly Dilly! Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    I tried one when I was looking for OD's a while back. I thought it was pretty good but not in the same league as the Hardwire Tube Overdrive, which costs the same. If I remember right, low end loss and inability to handle a hot input signal was it's downfall for me.

The odd thing I noticed is that it's construction was identical to BBE, so probably made in the same chinese factory as BBE. Even has the same rubber bottom and battery box.

5. fuzzychaos

fuzzychaos

Mar 17, 2008
    Ohio
    I have not experienced any low end loss at all. My Warwick sounds good and it's the hottest output I have.

I would like to try the Hardwire Tube OD, though.

6. fuzzychaos

fuzzychaos

Mar 17, 2008
    Ohio
    Bought a CM-2, and you're right...best OD pedal I've had, thanks!

7. mmbongo

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Everybody should have a Hardwire CM-2 on their board! I still haven't found anything that can displace it. Guess I'll quit looking!

8. I just bought one yesterday. I really like it. This thing pumps out lows, it has a "low" control on it and everything. The manual says it has some sort of circuitry meant to handle high input signals and not let it affect the tone of the pedal, iow you can't overdrive it like most pedals.

9. mmbongo

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    You're talking about the Hardwire and not the VHT, right?