Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Vibe Effect for Bass

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Creep, Jun 29, 2004.

1. Creep

Creep

Mar 12, 2004
    Can anybody reccommend a good vibe unit to use with a bass. I've tried a couple out and have not had much luck. Thanks. :bawl:

2. jammadave

jammadave Rudderless ship Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    I *just* got a Fulltone Deja 2 last night - found one used, so it was over 100 bucks off the new price, which was a big plus. It is unbelievable.

I thought it wasn't "thick" enough at first, until I turned it off. It's like night and day. And the treadle built in to control speed is an idea I wish more pedals incorporated.

I may leave it on all the damn time now, considering how subtle it is at low speed, it just makes my sound "breathe" a bit. I really enjoy it, might sell my Line 6 MM4 even. (which I only use for bi-phase and chorus anyways).

Two caveats:
    - It likes active basses better than passive ones, it'll swoosh the pickup hum if there is any on a passive bass.

- and depending on where it is in the signal chain, it may cause a volume difference when you switch it on. It gives me a slight boost when it's the only thing in a chain, but I noticed that before a fuzz it actually dropped the volume some. Have to play with that some more, tho, to be sure.

3. I have danelectro chicken salad which is not bad for the price...cheap and cheerful.

However I just got a parcel from the US containing a fulltone bass drive and mini deja vibe. Together they sound awesome!!

The chicken salad will be on ebay soon!!!!

4. The Digitech BP-8 has both a pretty good tremolo and vibrato, one of the reasons I keep one around.