Vibe Effect for Bass

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Creep, Jun 29, 2004.

1. Creep

Mar 12, 2004
    Can anybody reccommend a good vibe unit to use with a bass. I've tried a couple out and have not had much luck. Thanks. :bawl:
  2. jammadave

jammadave Rudderless ship Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    I *just* got a Fulltone Deja 2 last night - found one used, so it was over 100 bucks off the new price, which was a big plus. It is unbelievable.

I thought it wasn't "thick" enough at first, until I turned it off. It's like night and day. And the treadle built in to control speed is an idea I wish more pedals incorporated.

I may leave it on all the damn time now, considering how subtle it is at low speed, it just makes my sound "breathe" a bit. I really enjoy it, might sell my Line 6 MM4 even. (which I only use for bi-phase and chorus anyways).

Two caveats:
    - It likes active basses better than passive ones, it'll swoosh the pickup hum if there is any on a passive bass.

- and depending on where it is in the signal chain, it may cause a volume difference when you switch it on. It gives me a slight boost when it's the only thing in a chain, but I noticed that before a fuzz it actually dropped the volume some. Have to play with that some more, tho, to be sure.
  3. I have danelectro chicken salad which is not bad for the and cheerful.

However I just got a parcel from the US containing a fulltone bass drive and mini deja vibe. Together they sound awesome!!

The chicken salad will be on ebay soon!!!!
  4. The Digitech BP-8 has both a pretty good tremolo and vibrato, one of the reasons I keep one around.