Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Vibrators

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by BoognishMang, Jan 21, 2003.

1. Just wondering what everyone here thinks of Pat Colliers' bass lines. I think he was only on their first album "Pure Mania"
    I've also seen that he's been doing quite a bit of producing.
    Vibrators' song are like Buzzcock song, they stay in your head forever and make for a pleasant work day.

2. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Sorry to be a jerk, but the title of this thread being "Vibrators" and inside mention the "Buzzcocks", well that's just hilarious.

BTW, the Buzzcocks kicked arse!

3. Johnalex

Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    it is :rolleyes: trust me :eek: jk

4. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I know the song "Psyco" by System of a Down has the guitarist playing his guitar with a vibrator, just for the intro though. It gets a cool scratchy sound followed by a whirring sound :D

5. ..don't blame me for the direction this post has taken...

6. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Starting a thread called Vibrators is asking for trouble, really :D

7. you know what would have REALLY spun outta control?
    "poll: vibrators"

8. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    LMAOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :D :D

9. Are we talking about THAT kinda Vibrator (you know the kind you get at the Adult Stores) or some other kind of Vibrator (a Tremolo bar or sumthing?). Clearing this up could make this topic make a little sense.

10. Audiosolace

Audiosolace Guest

Oct 8, 2002
    Knoxville, TN
    Matthias Ecklundh uses a vibrator on one of his songs - a little Japanese vibrator called the "Lady Finger." Relevance to the thread? :rolleyes:

11. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Never gave much thought to his lines - couldn't hear them much at all due to the poor recording quality. Plus, the songs seemed to call for minimalist bass lines, to my ear.

Still have "Pure Mania" on original vinyl and have always loved "Baby, Baby." That was a major influence on my punk band in `76.
    I think he joined The Boyfriends after that album.

Sometimes, you can get a straight answer. ;)

12. this topic seems to have hit the spot:D

Pat Collier's produced the Jesus and mary chain.

he also produced a demo for a band I auditioned for called C64.
    the bass sound on it was amazing (very basic root note playing, though) - a distorted Rickenbacker-like grind, even though it was done on a cheap copy of a Gibson ripper.

13. that's cool...
    I've been on this Brit kick lately. I was in the middle of a 2 days Clash rockathon at my house, when i got the news that Strummer died.
    Anyways, I've always liked punchy lines.

I think we don't wanna "rub" this topic the wrong way