1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

vic bailey jazz bass??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pierreganseman, Oct 4, 2008.

1. pierreganseman

pierreganseman

Aug 23, 2008
    Brussels
    hey guys, any of u have one?? goood experience?? bad?? cheers:)

2. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    I own one and i'm very happy with it even if I don't gig with it much. It is by far the funkiest and most articulate jazz I own by a long shot! it is very light in weight and crystal clear soundwise! My bass has the "noiseless" pups in it and while i'm not really a fan of "noiseless" pups they sound awesome in this bass!!! The pre-amps voicing is unlike any other Fender also and gets pretty close to my CS custom classic's jazzes pre-amp. Btw my CS CC jazz has "Custom Noiseless" pups in it. All around th VB jazz is an excellent bass. :)

3. MoEllis

MoEllis

Sep 11, 2008
    Los Angeles
    i do.. i love it.. but the one i have is a lemon. the electronics are bad. but i have another one on order to replace it. the store is replacing at that is.

4. Just Thumpin'

Just Thumpin' Commercial User

Mar 7, 2008
    NE United States
    Manager and Partner, Fodera Guitars (as of 10/14/09)
    I had one for 4 years. I believe that they are far and away the finest active electronics Fenders made including the Custom Shop's Custom Classic which is a good $700 more money. I recently sold mine because for that modern, active electronic sound I have been using my Fodera and Sadowsky. They sound and play better, but of course they are 2-4 times more expensive!

I do not think there is a better sounding active Fender-style bass than the Bailey basses at this moment...of course like all Fenders, they are variable so play it first or at least buy from someone that stands behind it...

5. ClassicJazz

ClassicJazz Bottom Feeders Unite!! Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Delray Beach, Florida
    I have a VB fretless.....and I can say it is the finest fretless bass I have very owned! Super fast neck...thin neck. Outstanding construction and sound. I think the VB's and QMT/FMT jazz basses (now discontinued) are the best Fender have made.

I have noticed the VB's are almost at the $2k mark, most likely the high cost of Koa has something to do with it. The only thing about the VB's, the Koa can really vary. From highly figured to plain looking.

Here is a photo of my fretless. Kind of a plain top, but I still like it!

victor_bailey_fretless.

If you want to hear what it sounds like, go to my Myspace page and click on the song NIGHT LIFE. It was recorded at a gig at the Hard Rock here in Florida.

CLICK ON NIGHT LIFE

6. perkidan

perkidan

Sep 13, 2000
    Augusta, ky
    I had one for awhile. I most definitely regret getting rid of it. But, at the time they didn't make the 5 in that model, and that was all I was playing. Now that they do make a 5, I have no cash. lol But this bass is defintiely the best Fender I ever owned.

7. Basseroni

Basseroni

Oct 17, 2006
    Southern California
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Amplification, Dunlop/MXR
    Not to add more aggravation but my friend has a 5-string vb jazz bass that he's had for over a year. It worked well during that year but the electronics have now gone bad.