1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Vic Wooten's Novel Cover Pic

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by KimblesNimble, May 5, 2010.

1. KimblesNimble

KimblesNimble

Jan 10, 2008
  2. salcott

salcott Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2007
    NYC, Inwood.
    It's probably clip art.

3. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Supporting Member

It's the head and nut of a Hofner bass but yeah it's probably artwork.

4. I think it's vics first bass, a univox or something. And yeah I think him and regi de fretted it when he got his alembic

5. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

I am reading this book right now. It IS very good.

Best analogy: Musician meets the Bal Shem Tov of Music.

6. KimblesNimble

KimblesNimble

Jan 10, 2008
    Quick excerpt:

"There are only two elements that allowed you to become a master of the English language at such a young age. Only two: being surrounded by it, and jamming with it. That's it! English came quickly and easily to you, and from what you told me, you were also surrounded by music, so it must be jamming that makes the difference."

"Imagine if we allowed beginners to jam with professionals on a daily basis. Do you think it would take them 20 years to get good? Absolutely not! It wouldn't even take them ten. They would be great by the time they were musically four or five years old. Instead we keep beginners in the beginning level class for a few years before we let them move up to the intermediate level class. After a few more years at that level, they move up to the advanced level class...."

I mean this doesn't apply to everyone or every situation. But it just gets you thinking about music in diferent ways than you may previously have been accustomed to. It's just really opened my mind to different, new concepts.

7. PJMiDi

PJMiDi

Feb 27, 2009
    Columbus, OH
    "you only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent." - Rules of Chess