1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Vick Indicted... your thoughts?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by SoComSurfing, Jul 17, 2007.

1. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Vick Indicted

What are your thoughts on what Vick, Falcons' front office, Roger Goodell, etc. should do next? I have only heard a few of the counts, but will be looking for a copy of the indictment to read for myself.

2. MonetBass

MonetBass ♪ Just listen ♫ Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    Good riddance! The activities he was involved in made me sick.

3. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    Fighting animals for pleasure not cool.

4. jive1

jive1 Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    Indictment only means that they have found enough evidence for him to go to trial. But, if he's convicted, it'll be a test of Goodell's tough policies on players. Whereas Tank and Pacman were given some tough penalties, they weren't the money maker that Vick is.

5. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    True, it doesn't mean he is guilty. However, some of the charges at least place him traveling across state lines w/ his co-indicted, w/ dogs, to attend scheduled dog fights where money was on the line. Lack of conviction doesn't always equate to lack of guilt. There's a double-murderer walking free today who was acquitted in one trial, but found guilty in another.

Even if he's cleared on these counts, if I'm Arthur Blank, I no longer want him providing a face for my organization. If I keep him on the team, I certainly place him under my thumb and keep his mouth shut, but I'm not so sure that I wouldn't be looking for a way out of his contract ASAP.

Goodell automatically has to sentence Vick to an evaluation and behavior counseling. This is according to the NFLPA's conduct policy. Only time will tell if any further actions will be taken against him.

6. MonetBass

MonetBass ♪ Just listen ♫ Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    More details on CNN.com. There's some specifics, so read with care.

If Vick ever plays again, then Goodell deserves to be fired. Vick is now a liability for the Falcons and the league as a whole, no matter how much money he made for them in the past.

On top of that, Vick and the other three men implicated disgust me as human beings.

7. afinalfantasy

afinalfantasy Banned

Jan 11, 2006
    I hope he burns in hell.

Sick piece of **** he is. I don't give a ****, anyone who is cruel to animals deserves to get their skull crushed in

8. plexibass

plexibass

Jun 30, 2005
    ding ding ding we have a winner!!!!

if he wasnt a pro football player, he would be in jail.......OH WAIT!

9. middy

middy

Mar 14, 2007
    Texas
    Innocent until proven guilty.

Y'all are like the villagers in those Frankenstein movies, with torches and pitchforks.

If he's found guilty, I think he should go to prison, plus be fined enough to cost him his fortune.

10. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    You are correct, but the corpses the feds are digging up in his back yard won't help his defense IMO.

11. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    what a monstrous person. as if he couldn't find something to do with his money and free time to entertain himself that didn't include the death of animals.

hope he gets booted out of atlanta, that's for sure.

12. Innocent until proven guilty.

However, he is indeed STUPID beyond description, no matter if he was involved in anything illegal.

He allowed this to happen on HIS property, there is no way he was unaware of what was happening, and if he was, he's even stupider than I think he is (which is pretty freakin' stupid).

This should cement the end of his career, in any event, IMO. If the Falcons and the NFL don't suspend him, and/or cancel his contract forthwith, they are money grubbing hypocrites.

I'm really kind of sorry to see this. As long as he was the starting QB in Atlanta, they were going to be losers. He is an awful QB, great athlete, but just not the mental capacity to be a great QB (ties right into him either being involved in or allowing these things to happen on his property). Falcons fans, rejoice, you might have a chance to actually build a good football team now.

13. cash87

cash87

Jun 26, 2006
    Louisville Ky
    I think they should put him in a pin with a few dangerous dogs and just let them rip into him. It would be a good puishment to fit his crime.

14. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    There's nothing cool about any of that.

What's even more unfortunate are the other dog fighting circles around the country that won't get shut down. If Vick did the things he is being accused of, then I certainly hopes that he is punished to the full extent of the law, especially with jail time. (The monetary aspect would probably just be a minor inconvenience for him.) There are, however, many other people that are not as high-profile who are just as bad or worse in terms of dogfighting and cruelty to animals.

15. BadMonk

BadMonk Enjoy The Ride

Feb 25, 2006
    Bedminster, New Jersey
    Ture enough. No conviction does not mean innocent. It merely means there wasn't enough evidence to find the defendant guilty under the law.

16. Chriss62

Chriss62

Jul 24, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    I don't like to promote violence, but as an animal (esp. dogs) lover......He should be fed to tigers or gorrillas or some kinda hungry serpent or something.

Dogs just want love, not to kill eachother.

:scowl:

17. BadMonk

BadMonk Enjoy The Ride

Feb 25, 2006
    Bedminster, New Jersey
    I knew about the conviction but just now read the article. It's disgusting...
    "...sponsoring a dogfighting operation so grisly the losers either died in the pit or sometimes were electrocuted, drowned, hanged or shot."
    And if convicted those should be society's options with respect to him.

18. Bryan316

Bryan316 Banned

Dec 20, 2006
    Detroit
    If this is all true, I want him to rot in prison.

And if the Feds are monitoring your activities and come to bust you, YOU'RE PRETTY DAMNED GUILTY.

The local radio station was talking about it a lot this afternoon. One point they made about the sneakiness of dogfighting rings, is their low profile to keep under the radar of law enforcement, but also of animal rights activists. They were commenting about animal rights activists wanting to attack and kill people involved in these dog-fighting circles.

Now, I ain't no animal rights activist. I go fishing every once in a while, I enjoy beef venison and elk meat, I'd go hunting if given the opportunity, I've shot a skunk, and I've beaten a nasty opossum to death for building a nest in my bedroom window.

But if you're breeding dogs for the sole purpose of betting on their lives, YOU DESERVE NO MERCY. And I would gladly beat the life out of ANYONE I met if I knew for a fact that they killed innocent dogs for their own gambling and entertainment.

Michael Vick is nothing but a thug and a hoodrat and a piece of scum. And when he's proven guilty, I can't WAIT to see how the NFL will react. Lifelong ban from the sport of football.

19. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

My guess is that he knew what was going on, didn't really care, but had nothing to do with it other than owning the property. He is obviously very wealthy, and for that reason his friends or family wanted to take advantage of that. So he let them have a 50 grand or whatever the place costs.

I'm still a fan of Vick's on-the-field play the same way I am still a fan of Michael Richards' "Kramer", but both of their true personalities disappoint me.

I hate when things like this happen. I still haven't made a decision whether to support Vick or not. I guess I'll be supporting whatever the verdict is. Whether it be guilty or not guilty.

20. hbarcat

hbarcat Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2006
    Rochelle, Illinois

WAAAAAAAAAAAY too many people believe this, and it's not even close to being true.