Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Victor Bailey ABG?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bass-shy, Apr 7, 2005.

1. bass-shy

bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    Florida
    Has anyone else played one of these? I can't find a pic, but it is flamed Koa with tortoise binding. There is a line drawing of Vic's face on the headstock and it is a seriously beautiful instrument. I played one for a few minutes the other day and was surprised to know that it favored slapping and tapping.......even with bronze wound strings! If I hadn't just bought my Martin ABG, I seriously would have considered picking this up. I think it was selling for $899.00 USD although I don't recall if that price included a case. Anyway, if you're in the market, it is definitely worth a look.

2. lowrez

lowrez no.

Nov 27, 2004
    New Englandish
    I'd be interested in checking one out if I could find the country of origin anywhere on it. Kinda been eyeing a martin also.

3. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    +1
    that looks snazy

4. That's cool looking, but does Victor Bailey have a signature everything? Jazz bass, jazz bass fretless, ABG...?

5. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.
    Artist: Xotic Basses/AccuGroove
    Interesting, but where the hell is the 5 string?!?!?!!!??

6. bass-shy

bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    Florida
    Yes, that is it. Actually that is the very bass I played at that very same store! The guys at Elderly are fantastic. I have purchased all of my guitars and basses from them and have always been satisfied with their service and support. Their prices are usually lower than everywhere else too. Anyway, that bass is f***ing awesome!

7. lowrez

lowrez no.

Nov 27, 2004
    New Englandish