1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Victor Bailey Jazz Bass w/ Sadowsky pickups and pre

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by dabassist, Apr 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dabassist

dabassist

Jul 24, 2003
    This is a 2002 Fender Victor Bailey Jazz Bass, in excellent condition. It has been upgraded with Sadowsky pickups and preamp. It comes with the soft black glove leather strap Fender ships with new ones, but the brown tolex hard shell case was replaced with a clean SKB case.

This bass has a mahogany body, a thin rosewood spacer, and a fairly thick (c. 3/8") koa top. It has a maple neck with a rosewood board. It feels like a Jazz neck to me, 1.52" wide at the nut, and 2.195" wide at the twelfth fret. It has really nice abalone dot markers on the fingerboard. It has light weight tuners, a string-through-or-top-load bridge, and Schaller straplocks. All the hardware is gold.

Pickups and the preamp were upgraded to sadowskys. The Sadowsky preamp has a master volume control, blend, stacked boost-only bass and treble controls, and the passive tone control option.

Condition is excellent, no kidding. There is a 1" scratch on the upper treble side horn top that has been touched up but is noticeable. Not bad at all. Light player wear. Excellent frets, straight neck, smooth truss rod.

I purchased this bass from another TB member. It truely is an excellent bass. The only reason I'm selling this is that sadly I don't have the time to play bass anymore. I'm getting way too busy with school work and I think bass can wait for a couple years till I get into dental school. 1200$ + shipping. Local pickup can be done but because I don't have a car, you will have to come to me(I live in philly). Thanks for the interest.

Pics are from the previous owner.. I'll post some new pics tomorrow.

Attached Files:

2. I owned this bass and thought enough of the way it plays to spend $425. on the Sadowsky pick-ups and pre. It's a killer for sure!

3. BassFiddle63

BassFiddle63

Oct 4, 2002
    Oklahoma
    I had one of these also and it played like butter, really good responding neck, nice n low action on the entire neck. The Mahogany/Koa/Rosewood gave it a tone that I really liked .. kind of a warm edge but would still get as bright as you wanted. I bet yours with the Sadowsky upgrade is bad to the bone. Oh, not to mention the Koa/Mahogany looks killer also :bassist:

4. dabassist

dabassist

Jul 24, 2003
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

more pics...price lowered to 1200$ shipped:hyper:

5. bajistaking

bajistaking

Sep 8, 2005
    call me at (214) 402-3575