Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Victor Bailey news & 5 string coming

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MikeBass, Feb 27, 2005.

1. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.
    Artist: Xotic Basses/AccuGroove
    This is from the Victor Bailey web site forum.
    Both good & sad news at the same time. I asked about the VB5-if it was gonna happen and inquired about his health, as rumors were flying around about it.
    As far as the bass goes, if it's as cool as the 4, then sign me up!!
    My VB4 is the only thing keeping me from a Sadowsky 4.

"Yes it's true,the VB5 string is scheduled to be on the market in April 2005.All I have to do now is learn how to play it!Regarding your ruchase of the Vb bass,thank you so much.One of the reasons I joined up with Fender to manufacture and market my instrument is because being such a big company,they can retail it at a much more reasonable cost than some of the smaller companies,which make only a fraction as many instruments,and have to charge a lot more to make a profit.
    As far as my health I don't have MS I have a form of muscular dystrophy which is causing my legs to get wekaer.There is a post on the forum in which i explain a little more about it.You can go to www.charcotmarietooth.org to find out more about my disease.enjoy your VB bass!"

2. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Mike I haven't seen that VB4 yet, are you sure it isn't an imaginary VB4?,I'd love to check it out sometime. Bring it by Low Down on one of the days when your using the cot in the back room.

3. MikeBass

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.
    If I spend any more cash there the wife may make that cot at Low Down actually happen!!!
    Buzz me later, I swing in there with it for ya.

4. haythamehab

haythamehab

Dec 10, 2004
    so since you used the vb4 ,which is better the vb4 or the spector Euro 4 LX Bubinga ...I'm really confused,i wanna buy a new bass but i can't stand on one leg and do it and i have the fender mustang bass right now which is passive so i wanna buy an active bass..

5. Classical_Thump

Classical_Thump

Jan 26, 2005
    I've known about this since the summer, but I'm sure it will be a great bass.

6. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    .... and prayers for Victor's health....

7. That's the most important I think.... :meh:

8. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Phew! I've been worried about Victor's health. It's good to know that he'll be okay.

9. MikeBass

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.
    Yes, screw the bass.

I have a good friend here in Detroit, monster bass player, who had a stroke in Jan.
    He can't play right now, but he alive and doing freakin' awesome.
    I'll take that any day.
    It's a shame that he can't play, but they say he will be able to.

10. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    well, maybe not screw the bass, Mike... ;)

i guess seeing 47 right around the corner, I am feeling my own mortality.. things at this age have a way of beginning to manifest themselves and it gets a little scary...

Hearing all those " check up or check out" commercials on the Spike Channel really gets you thinking... hope all will be well with Victor.