Victor Bailey Signature Acoustic/Electric

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tampabass, Mar 9, 2006.

1. Tampabass

Tampabass Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2006
    I know you are, but what am I?
    I'm not really looking for an acoustic/electric, but I played one of these in a store the other day and I was blown away by the action, the feel of the bass and the electric sound.
    It seems a little too quiet, in terms of how much volume it produces unplugged.
    It's a really beautiful looking bass, too.
    Has anyone had any experiences, good or bad, with this bass?
    Street price is quite a bit more than I want to pay, but ...
  2. Tampabass

Feb 16, 2006
    has anyone owned one of these?
  3. i don't really have anything to add, but they do look like fun :)
  4. G

Apr 12, 2000
    I played one at a local GC, and my impressions were the same as the first poster. I wish they made a 5 so I could get my acoustic E-C on.
  5. dadodetres

Dec 19, 2004
    Dint try that one.
    But all the acoustic basses i tryed didnt sound loud enough unpluggef to compete with a acoustic guitar.
    Specially in the low end. I guess upright are so big for that purpose. They were made when there was no amplification and they had to compete with other instrumens, so they have a huge resonance box.

If it is Baileys signature acoustic i guess he must had used in some recordings, right? anyone knows were can i listen to it in its maximun potential?
  6. I come to the acceptance that the acoustic bass is great for living room noodling and good amplified acoustic tone and no more. I still want one.
  7. Mikefish07

Apr 6, 2003
    I owned one for a little while, but returned it because one of the sliders was defective. It's a really nice bass and the neck feels more like my Fender Jazz. The sound was a little too bright for me and the action was a little high. If I had it longer, I would have changed those bronze strings and worked on the action.
  8. howie

Aug 29, 2005
    i never played the vb acoustic so i can't really comment on it. i play a tacoma thunderchief and it has no problem competing with an acoustic guitar. two would probably be a different story though. it's perfect for going over to my buddies to write songs without having to lug all of my gear.
  9. Tampabass

Feb 16, 2006
    thanks for the info.;)
  10. AuG

May 22, 2005
    Fort Collins, CO
    I played one of these today in a local GC and was instantly hooked. Construction was top notch for being made in Korea and I especially liked the onboard tuner and the 4 band eq. Didn't try it plugged in, and as some have said before it is a bit on the quiet side. The price is something to be desired, but if you're good I'm sure you can talk someone at GC down 50-75 bucks, if not more. :) In any event, I think I've found a suitable purchase for when the tax return comes in. :smug: