1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Victor Wooten 3-Week Residency

Discussion in 'Social Events and Get Togethers [BG]' started by Spencer!, Mar 4, 2010.

1. Spencer!

Spencer!

Jun 25, 2006
    Seattle
    Owner, Pike Amplification & 3Leaf Audio
  2. cosmicevan

cosmicevan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

WOW! i wish i had the time to attend this. thanks for sending the link since i've just discovered the JAM WEEKEND!!! that's way more my speed (in what i enjoy most and time frame availability).

sounds like you'll have a blast. are you still playing the JD you had out at the seatle weekend as your main axe? that was a fantastic instrument. i've still got my Morch, but not so much my main axe anymore...however i don't know how i got along so long without having a groove regulator. any news on new products yet (sorry to hijack the thread, you are more than welcome to PM me with info)...

3. J. Crawford

J. Crawford Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2008
    PA
    Man, thats like a semester of college! Doesnt look like Ill be attending anytime soon.

Have fun Spencer! Im sure youll show em how its done.

4. Buchada Azeda

Buchada Azeda

Mar 25, 2009
    Brazil
    Steve Bailey and other guys teach there with Wooten too.

I'll apply after I graduate on lawschool.

5. mgauge

mgauge

Dec 21, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    I wish.. No $$$$$

6. Spencer!

Spencer!

Jun 25, 2006
    Seattle
    Unfortunately the Drozd isn't really my main axe right now....it sounds amazing the 35" scale makes it tough to play a 3-hour bar gig. My Lull jazz bass is pretty much my main axe at this point, although I only have one bass out here in NYC right now and it's a beater P-bass with flats.

No news on the 3Leaf Audio front right now...hopefully I'll have time this Summer to get some new circuits going.

7. Spencer!

Spencer!

Jun 25, 2006
    Seattle
    Are any colleges that cheap anymore? Tuition (especially at private schools) is getting out of control...

8. cosmicevan

cosmicevan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Good call on the Lull. I miss my M4V....sold it cause I was only into 5'ers at the time. If you are playing in NYC, PM me, I'd love to check out your current situation. I moved out of the city and living on LI now...but always down to hang with some bass nerds. Perhaps we can make a mini NYC GTG happen one of these days. We always aim for a bar night, but it is rough to get all the NY locals out at the same time (great crowd though).

9. Spencer!

Spencer!

Jun 25, 2006
    Seattle
    For sure! I've been playing at the jam every Monday night at The Bitter End in the village. Have you been to David Segal's (New York Bass Works) place? He lives in Massapequa and he's the best luthier in the area.

10. Coelho

Coelho

May 10, 2006
    Astoria, NY
    Yeah, NYers, let's get together!

11. Spencer!

Spencer!

Jun 25, 2006
    Seattle
    No other TB'ers are going?

12. kesslari

kesslari Groovin' with the Fusion Cats Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Santa Cruz Mtns, California
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
    I'd go if I could take the time. I've done the weeklong, and it was an incredible growth experience, musically and personally. I am still learning and absorbing the lessons I learned there - huge positive impact on my playing and musicianship.

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 27, 2020