Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Victor Wooten and Carter Beauford.

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Mark Wilson, Jan 8, 2006.

1. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    I can't get enough of this clip!
    I love it! It's Victor and Carter Beauford covering Number 41- Dave Matthews Band. I love it.

Link.

-Mark

2. 5intheface

5intheface

Dec 18, 2004
    I didn't click your link, but I'm pretty sure we've seen the same video. I like that alot (in fact my drummer and I warmed up on it today, much in the same way)

But the only thing that bothers me is how closely Vic sticks with the changes. I understand that it's up to him alone to outline the tune, but I'm positive he could play a good solo and outline the chnages well enough to make it recognisable. On the other hand, it isn't his tune, and he even seems briefly upset with imslef for flubbing a couple times.

Either way, he jazzes it up heavily and they duo does great.

3. Oh man I love that clip. It was one of the first clips I saw of Victor. He is the man.

4. I can't believe how he takes that song and funks it to hell and back. Awesome.

5. totally agreed i think they're both amazing..ive never played percussion but i think carter is so underrated.....im a huge peart fan but i can total dig carter's stuff two thumbs up to vic and carter

6. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    That was awesome. I've seen them play together before, but not that clip. I love that song. Victor does some really cool stuff with it too.