Victor Wooten and Carter Beauford.

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Mark Wilson, Jan 8, 2006.

1. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    I can't get enough of this clip!
    I love it! It's Victor and Carter Beauford covering Number 41- Dave Matthews Band. I love it.

2. 5intheface

Dec 18, 2004
    I didn't click your link, but I'm pretty sure we've seen the same video. I like that alot (in fact my drummer and I warmed up on it today, much in the same way)

But the only thing that bothers me is how closely Vic sticks with the changes. I understand that it's up to him alone to outline the tune, but I'm positive he could play a good solo and outline the chnages well enough to make it recognisable. On the other hand, it isn't his tune, and he even seems briefly upset with imslef for flubbing a couple times.

Either way, he jazzes it up heavily and they duo does great.
  3. Oh man I love that clip. It was one of the first clips I saw of Victor. He is the man.
  4. I can't believe how he takes that song and funks it to hell and back. Awesome.
  5. totally agreed i think they're both amazing..ive never played percussion but i think carter is so a huge peart fan but i can total dig carter's stuff two thumbs up to vic and carter
  6. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    That was awesome. I've seen them play together before, but not that clip. I love that song. Victor does some really cool stuff with it too.