1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Victor Wooten Band World Tour '08!

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by stingray56funk, Mar 1, 2008.

1. stingray56funk

stingray56funk Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2005
    Atlanta
    I just bought tickets for the Victor W-00-10 tour in '08!!!

This will be my first time seeing Victor outside of Bela Fleck and the Flecktones (seen them 3 times)! I have been a long time fan of Wooten and he was the first bassist that inspired me to reach beyond my playing and muster up some more technique and composition. I don't listen to him as much anymore stylistically but I still greatly respect him and I will safely call him my favorite bassist of all time.

I'm in "la-la" land right now I'm so excited! Oh...and I used to live in Birmingham, AL (not exactly the jazz/funk capital of the USA) so he never came down there unless it was with Bela Fleck. And yes...I tried to make it to the ATL where I grew up (Atlanta for those of you not from the ATL) but I couldn't ever make it work out with my schedule.

My wife and I will be going to the first show on his tour in Durham, NC!

:hyper::bassist::hyper::bassist:

2. pmaraziti

pmaraziti Gold Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2006
    Singapore
    So... is this like baseball world league or Victor is moving to other places other than North America???? I just checked dates in his web and I can only see US and CA....

3. Incognitus

Incognitus Amen!

Mar 25, 2006
    Eagle River, Alaska
    Lucky badger. He is coming up here to Alaska in May I believe. I was soooo excited then I looked at the establishment where he will be playing. There's an age restriction of 21 or over. I am 19. Dangit.

4. I just saw Victor with his band 2 weeks ago in a small club in Ft Lauderdale, Florida. He had 2 of his brothers, Regi and Joseph with him on the gig. Victor's band is quite impressive and his brother Regie (guitar) is just off the hook. His brother Joseph (keys) is also amazing. Anthony Wellington was also jamming with the band.

It must have been great growing up in the Wooten family musically. Victor called Reggie the teacher.

If you have a chance to see them, definiately do.

5. stingray56funk

stingray56funk Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2005
    Atlanta
    I bet the show was awesome! I used to live in Nashville and would go and see The Wooten Brother at 3rd and Linsley on Wednesday nights. They were awesome...but rarely was Victor there. I'm super stoked to see Victor on his solo tour!

And oh yeah...his website says "World Tour"...but the dates listed definitely refer to "World" as the USA and Canada. How about..."North American Tour"!

6. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Man, I would love to see Victor live, enjoy the show!

7. I just saw him three weeks ago! Man, you're in for a treat. The whole band is insane, but the wootens are aliens. That's the only explanation for their talent. :)

8. boys got some big teeth.

9. sublime0bass

sublime0bass

Aug 2, 2007
    Boone, NC
    ^^YAY LEGENDS!

yeah Im going to stalk him when he comes back to NC at the end of the month

10. T-MOST

T-MOST Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2004
    NJ via NYC
    I cought Vic in Dec 06 for the first time and was blown away. I have tickets to see Marcus Miller April 11th so I'm very stoaked about that.

I just checked vics tour schedule and he will be in NYC on April 3. One week prior to Marcus... what a week!

11. EADG mx

EADG mx

Jul 4, 2005
    I'm hitting up the Toronto date, my first time seeing Victa.

epic.