Victor Wooten Bass Camp

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Flash, Feb 8, 2002.

1. Flash

Feb 3, 2002
    Salem, Oregon
    Does anyone know anything about the Victor Wooten Bass Camp ? Is it for the elite? Or would a beginner get anything out of it?

2. geoffzilla

Oct 30, 2001
    Nashville, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Amplification
    Hey flash,
    From what I understand, it's pretty open ended, skills wise, Why don't you just apply? The worst thing that could happen would be that he says "no". Victor sure seems like a cool dude though.
  3. My teacher usually is one of the instructors for the Bass Camp, and he said there are all levels of playing experience represented. If you're interested, I definitely apply. You'll want to do it soon though, since the camps tend to fill up quickly.

4. Flash

Feb 3, 2002
    Salem, Oregon
    Thanks for the input!

I live in Salem, Oregon and usually play\practice at a recording studio owned by a friend of mine who is friends with Victor and Bella. He said he could get me in if I wanted to go, but I wanted an outside opinion of the camp. I've never met Victor myself and I am sure he is a great guy, but I would not want to be embarrassed by the talent of the participants. I'm just learning. Of course I'm sure I could hold my own in the fire building exercise.:rolleyes:
  5. Go for it dude! Hey,you are there to learn,not to teach,right? :) From what I`ve heard all skill levels are represented by the students there.The very fact that you wish to attend shows you are serious enough about your playing.Everyone was a beginner once.Hell,I`d go if I could afford it....and I`m bout as sucky as ya can git! lol

Good luck! :)
  6. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    that camp sounds rediculously expensive, but it seems to me to be worth it.

(there is an article about it in the bass player mag with dirk lance on the cover-the only reason worth reading it)