1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Victor Wooten Instructional Series

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by phnord, Mar 5, 2013.

1. phnord

phnord

Oct 26, 2010
    Brooklyn, NY
    As I'm sure many of you are aware, Victor Wooten has started releasing a series of downloadable instructional DVD's that teach you to play some of his more famous solo bass pieces. So far the two that are up are U Can't Hold No Groove and Amazing Grace for $15, as well as a $25 package deal for both.

Has anyone given these a download? How are they? I see they're ~1-hour each, so I'm assuming they're a fairly in depth look into his technique - which is something that he very rarely does in his other clinics and instructional videos I've seen. Those have focused much more on cementing principles like groove, rhythm, etc. as opposed to technique.

2. sammcgrath

sammcgrath

Aug 5, 2010
    Yes -- they're awesome. He shows EVERYTHING and even things you never knew he did (at least I couldn't tell how much he's actually pulling off rhythmically and melodically at the same time). Very in depth not only for learning these songs but for techniques and ideas to practice as their own exercises and to incorporate into any of your own music. For only $25, well worth it.

3. phnord

phnord

Oct 26, 2010
    Brooklyn, NY
    Thanks! Definitely going to grab them ASAP then ^_^