1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Victor Wooten & JD Blair - "U Can't Hold No Groove" (live)

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by rubber duckie, Apr 29, 2010.

1. rubber duckie

rubber duckie

Apr 29, 2010
    I seek musical appeasement, plz help me in my quest:

I know many of u will also be propelled in a state of great despair and mourning following this tragic loss, this is why i call for us to unite our musical and spiritual forces in order to overcome this great loss and retrieve musical and spiritual appeasement along with the renewed state of consciousness that Mr. Victor Lemonte Wooten preaches and spreads through his musical genius.

In other words Victor Wooten's live performance of "U Can't Hold No Groove" with JD Blair on the drums, has been deleted from youtube, and other websites, and i can no longer find it on the internet.
    This version of "U Can't Hold No Groove" performed live by Victor Wooten, is a video presented by Lou Rawls on a jazz tv channel (forgot the name of the channel). Before Wooten & JD start playing, the video starts with this sort of jazz theme introduction to the tv channel on which the concert is aired, followed by Lou Rawls (host) introducing Victor Wooten to the audience. The video lasts around 10minutes.

This live performance of "U Can't Hold No Groove" by Victor Wooten, has been a musical epiphany for me (seriously/im not high) which is why any kind of help or advice in finding this video (not necessarily streaming or with free access==> I would also be more than happy to purchase this video) would be truly appreciated.

Peace to all and thank you for your help,
    May the Funk be with you,
    Your one and only: Rubber Duckie

2. Ben Coffin

Ben Coffin

Dec 8, 2009
    Auburn, AL
    Oh it is a sad day for bass...

3. AaronD

AaronD

Aug 30, 2009
    Ireland
    Yeah that was probably my favourite Victor Wooten video.
    I spent about 40 minutes last week looking for that video.
    Hope it returns soon

4. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

5. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

6. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

7. rubber duckie

rubber duckie

Apr 29, 2010
  8. busta_bird

busta_bird

Mar 11, 2010
    Lexington, KY
    Vic/JD are coming to Louisville on the 30th. Oh yea.

9. Vic's site says that's the Victor Wooten Band that will be there on the 30th.

I'm still sorry I missed the duo tour thing.

10. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    The audience might as well be cardboard cutouts.

EDIT: I'm convinced they ARE cardboard cutouts!!!