Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Victor Wooten Live at Bass Day 98 dvd

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Warwick0239, Dec 13, 2002.

1. Has anyone seen this dvd? i'm thinking of getting it, is it worth buying?

2. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    This doesn't belong here.

Moved.

3. Johnalex

Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    I got the VHS. It is incredible. Everytime I se eit I get extremely motivated. Not to mention the little technique lesson Woot throws in during his Q and A session.

4. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Yeah its cool..get it if you can.

5. I have the Wooten dvd. I haven't had any regrets at all after buying it. I would recommend it.

6. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I had the VHS and then I bought the DVD and sold the VHS. The DVD has a LONG extra interview section that is basically a lesson that isn't included on the VHS. Vic's performance is typically mind-blowing and he has a pretty cool Q&A session with the audience too.

To anyone who only has the VHS version - sell it and get the DVD! It's worth it.

brad cook

7. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Great DVD....a must own for any Bassist that likes Vic

8. wonderboy

wonderboy

Oct 27, 2002
    not only did i meet him last week, but this week i find out that i am opening up for him in january!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    January 24th?
    I'm going to be there....at the knitting factory.
    how did you pull that off?

10. wonderboy

wonderboy

Oct 27, 2002
    you just gotta be good.

11. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    PRONG BLOWSHOT is good, chump. Wooten's gonna break up that attitude of yours swiftly, but with a nurturing look on his Buddha-esque features.

12. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    StoNeD, long time no see....er read. how have you been wanking? er....doing? urhm? thanks for the compliment :D

Blundersoy its ones thing to be arrogant, but another to be arrogant when your opening for someone like victor wooten. besides...its not like it makes much difference, I'll be seeing you guys(I think...you never answered my question) so I will soon see just what you sound like, and from there I will be able to make a proper assesment of what "good" is.

13. wonderboy

wonderboy

Oct 27, 2002
    it had nothing to do with arrogance, the question was "how did you hook that up?" or something along that nature, and i answered. jealousy will get you nowhere.

14. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    And I also quote:

Sounds like arrogance to me. :rolleyes:

brad cook

15. Where else can we see you? Like...what's the name of your band or whatever.

16. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

You got some mp3's we can listen to?

17. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Did he run away?...I had forgot about this thread, until dumbell wish eraser brought it back up again...this tends to happen a lot, people make strong claims but then never back them in any way. I'll see soon enough though.

18. I opened for Victor Wooten too.*

* Opened the jewel case for Live Art so he could autograph the booklet.