victor wooten more love

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by lewibassist, Jun 12, 2004.

1. Hiya i have started to learn this song.I am finding it realy difficult to get the harmonics in between the tapping parts.Has anyone learnt this song and can play it well if so can you give me any tips on how to approach or play this song .

2. I hope you know you have to detune your C string (as Vic's tuned to ADGC on his tenor bass) down to a B flat? That way you get the correct interval when you hit what would be a fourth in standard tuning - but in the altered tuning is a minor third. His book of transcriptions is very clearly laid out and well worth getting if you want to learn his songs note for note.

Good luck - the reggae feel is also pretty hard to make sound as effortless as Vic does...!
  3. I have got his book its realy good. Its a great song and one of his that has allways stood out for me. I could listen to it over and over .Vic does it so effortlessly i agree. I am tryin to decide weather to leave more love and and have a go at norwegian wood.
  4. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Norwegian wood is another tenor bass song* :p

*though you could transpose it easily enough
  5. Which album is More Love off? Track number? Sorry, I can't find any of the cd cases or liner notes.
  6. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    it's off his first solo album, a show of hands, it's track number 2

if you don't own the album, or you downloaded it( :scowl: ) you can easily get track information on amazon or my favorite allmusic