1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Victor Wooten, My Favorite!

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by kaggeman, May 9, 2006.

1. Hello, I've studied Vic for a long time now.
    He's really the best of the best!

2. What do you think of him?

3. I think he is awesome.

Even if you don't like him, you have to admit he's done a lot for the bass comunity:bassist: (camps, solo bass contest, clinics, etc...)

I wonder what Victor is up to next

4. actually I said I love him but anyway:p I'm going to visit Bass nature Camp soon, maby next year.
    He's the most productive bass player I've ever seen.
    He always comes up with new Ideas on how to play studidly hard things:p And the best thing about him is the way he GROOVE! not the way he plays fast. He has the butt beat:p

5. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    The butt beat? :confused:

6. fretless Bob

fretless Bob If you fail to prepare, you prepare to fail.

Nov 27, 2005
    Harrow, London, U.K
    a beat that makes your butt move???

Dave

7. it was more of a general statement, not directed towards you or anything.:)

sometimes with internet forums it can be hard to type how i talk.

8. Very Cool!

What were you working on with Vic? Did you spend time on groove, soloing or ?

Please share some details.

-Christian

9. I know his technique now. ;) It's really cool to use. I think I have everything that you must have with him.
    I'm far from becoming Victor Wooten the Second but I'm on a good way I think. A frase that Wooten said, I think you all should listen and think about this: Don't try to play and understand my flashy stuff befour you groove. (so wise!) Even if you can play Clasical Thumb or a show of hands. It's not just fast and difficult, it's much feeling in it to. And thats why he's the best of all. He put every groove felling in every song. Put Love in the music man. (More Love) ;)

If you want to learn.try to download: Victor Wooten, lesson on technique (not just his technique, learn how to think music) and by his own Subscribed newly realesed book.

10. yeah!;)

11. rontalsaurus

rontalsaurus

Aug 19, 2002
    I appreciate the hell out of him, but like his non-technical stuff more than the fireworks display that his slap solos turn into.
    I really like his fretless playing and support playing behind the Flecktones and when I saw him with the Mike Stern Quartet.

12. djcruse

djcruse

Jun 3, 2002
    Norwood, MA
    I think he plays very fast.

13. Lazylion

Lazylion Goin ahead on wit my bad self!

Jan 25, 2006
    Frederick MD USA
    He's the Man, no doubt.

14. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    Who is this Victor Wooten that you speak of ?

15. You doesn't know about Vic? Man you have to check him out:p
    Yes ofcourse he plays fast, but don't listen to just the fast things.
    Try to figure out his groove. THATs the hard part, the fast things can be learnt. But to fell the groove is hasrder than playing fast.

16. I dont like his music per se, but i respect the **** out of him and think he's a great player with a down to earth positive attitude.

17. great attitude man=) everybody doen't like it. I respect that also.

18. If anybody who read this thread want to know anything about Vic you should ask. Also if anybody of you have msn messenger and like to share some of vic's fretless things with me you should contact me.=) I want to listen to his other side also, I havn't heard anything fretless from him. Just groove, speed and love.

19. there is 160 persons who has read this thread. but only 17 answers. com'on now guys:p

20. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    Can you tell me more about this Mr.Victor Wooten?