Victor Wooten

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Usul, Oct 21, 2000.

1. I am blown away!!!!!

I had heard Victor Wooten`s name mentioned on several threads but was not at all familiar with his work(either solo or with Bela Fleck and the Flecktones).

Last weekend I purchased "A Show of Hands" and could not believe what one man could do with a 4 string bass!!! OMG!
    I am not really into jazz music but I am going to start checking into it more and more...

2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

You should see the instructional video he did with Steven Bailey.

I'm trying to absorb at least a little of it.. Both of those dudes are AWESOME.
  3. dan a

dan a

Oct 6, 2000
    I found Victor Wooten around 93'. I am 45 years young.
    I was into the same guys as most bass player's my age
    John Paul Jones,Chris Squire Billy,Sheehan and others
    . Then Jaco and Jimmy Haslip with the Yellowjackets. Then
    I heard Victor. I thought his tone and what he was doing
    was awsome. I never thought I would get into Banjo/Jazz
    Bluebop or whatever they are calling it now. But I am
    hooked for life. It keeps getting better. Check out Live

[Edited by dan a on 10-21-2000 at 10:59 PM]
  4. Cirrus

Cirrus Guest

Apr 30, 2000
    Las Vegas, NV
    Amazingly, I didn't even knew who Victor Wooten was when I purchased my first Bela Fleck and the Flecktones album. I was playing bass at the time, looking for instrumental music, and someone suggested "Three Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest". I listened to the first few songs, and thought it was pretty cool. Then I listened to Monkey See (track 6 on the album, I think), and I was totally floored. I hadn't ever heard bass played like that. I checked the CD label to see who the bassist was, and there discovered Victor Wooten. Interestingly enough, I went to the book store the next day to check out the magazines, and the man himself was on the cover of Bass Player. Who woulda thunk it. :)