1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Victor Wooten's Bass/Nature Camp Fast Approaching!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Drake Kennedy, Apr 21, 2006.

1. Sorry, I couldn't resist posting about my exitement.

The camp is almost a month away, and I can't wait! I got notified of my acceptance late February, and the anticipation has only grown. I really want to meet all of the AMAZING players there, improve my own playing, but most importatnly just open my eyes and ears and take it all in.

So, the question:
    Anyone else going? Anyone ever been and want to share their experiences?

Peace
    Drake

2. Am I the only TB'er going this year? Whoo!

3. I've never been to the "camp" but living near nashville I have taken several private lessons from "most" of his instructors which has definitely opened my eyes... You'll have several "Ah hah" moments.

4. I've been told by a few past campers and friends of Vic that a lot of the lessons he teaches aren't really related directly to bass technique, chops, or a lot of the "Victa" stuff, but more views on life. Sounds good to me!

5. Scissor Man

Scissor Man

May 7, 2005
    I've heard great things about the camp and I'd love to go, but it would be a chore for me to get to Nashville, and it would be hard for me to miss a week of school.

6. When do you get out up there? For me I'm going to have just that weekend before going to the camp. Better get some good sleep in there.

7. *Edit*

I'm not sure if my friend Steve went to the same camp. But he did win "top bassist" award at the camp. Here's what I found in the news...

"Bass Guitar Workshop- Steve Nishimura (2005 Top Bassist Award, Victor Wooten’s and Steve Bailey’s Bass at the Beach)"

He's insanely good, and only 17-18. I miss jamming with him. Playing talent shows with him in highschool was the best :) I'm sure you'll have tons of fun!

8. Scissor Man

Scissor Man

May 7, 2005

I get out really late, around June 21st I think. It sucks because if my school got out a week earlier I could go to Bonnaroo and see Oysterhead.

9. I want to go to Bonnaroo too heheh. Oh well, there's always JamCruise.

10. Ah yeah, BATB is another one they do in Myrtle Beach, SC I believe. I'd love to go to that one later on as well, but I think this should keep me going for a while heheheh

11. Scissor Man

Scissor Man

May 7, 2005

JamCruise would be great if it wasn't so expensive. It's a shame it's so expensive because it always has a great lineup.

Bonnaroo is really becoming less of a jamband festival and more of a popular music festival with jambands. For me, Vegoose is place to be. I'm hoping to go back this year, because seeing Primus there last year was amazing.

12. JamCruise is also 18+ age limit ;)

BTW Scissor check your pm's