Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Victor Wooten's "More Love"

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by geoffkhan, Jul 21, 2004.

1. I've looked everywhere on the web, but I can't find a tab of Victor Wooten's "More Love" from the "A Show of Hands" CD.

Does anyone know a URL to the tab?

Thanks so much! I really like the song, so I want to learn it.

2. It's in his The Best Of Victor Wooten Transcription/Tab Book.

Warning you do need a tenor bass or a 6 string.

3. 6-string or tenor bass, eh? Thanks for the warning. All I really need is just the tab, so I can adapt it to my C, F, Bb, Eb bass guitar.

I might just transcribe it myself if I can't find the tab online. The bad part about that is I've never transcribed any tabs before because I've only played bass for 2 years now. The transcribing that I have done was just melody and chord progressions. Hey, that was enough for keyboard.

4. If you email me I can get you the tab for you. I'll just have to scan it this weekend.

John

5. quallabone

quallabone

Aug 2, 2003
    Or this guy could maybe, I don't know... BUY THE BOOK. If you want the song buy the book. You'll get other fun songs to play as well.

Peace

6. tucker

tucker Guest

Jan 21, 2001
    North Carolina
    The song is in 6/8 and vic is using an effect similiar to reverb or delay cause if you listen closely you can hear it. but learn the intro first, bass line, thtas throughout the whole song, cept chorus, melody is played right along with the bass line so its much easier than it sounds. took me a week to figure out but about a month to master it.you dont need tabs though, learn it by ear and you will feel like you accomplished the world. pm me to talk more if anyone needs help on this song.

7. Aside from either playing it on a six, or tenor bass (ADGC) the one other performance note you might want to near in mind is that Vic detunes his top string - the C - down to a Bflat - that's how he gets the nice minor third on the harmonics - get his nook as it definitely nails some the more intricate nits of his solo pieces - and there are loads of helpful performance notes in there as well. I have to admit though, after a few days checking out the book, I soon decided I couldn't bothered to learn all his stuff note for note - it's fun - but why be slave to one guy's style? Saying that it's an essential bppk if you want to know the exact notes for his pieces...nuff said I think.

8. Agent000

Agent000

Jan 23, 2005

This is from memory, the harmonic chords are more strummed, like a reagae feel. This is the main riff, he builds on it a lot with tapping. Top string tuned down a whole step. Hope this helps

Bb--<7>------<5>------<7>-----<5>-----|
    G --<7>---3--<5>------<7>-----<5>-----|
    D -5----3----------5-------5--------3-|
    A ----------6----6---5---5---3----5---|

9. kuri

kuri

Jan 26, 2005
    i do recommend that you buy the book as there are many other songs that are fun to learn. of course it may be hard to play it like he does, but so much technique is in there and easy to understand. i've learned alot of technique just from this book. highly recommended!!!

10. +1 on the book