Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Victor Wootens new instructional book?

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by shon, Feb 6, 2003.

1. shon

shon

Nov 27, 2002
    Healdsburg, CA!!
    When's that damn thing coming out? I'm looking forward to learning Classical Thump and Norweigion Wood. Anyone know the release date?

2. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    1st of december 2002 in the UK if we mean the same book.

I ordered it on the 1st of december 2002, still no sign of it :mad:

3. AJ Love

AJ Love

Oct 8, 2002
    Madison WI USA
    it keeps getting delayed. no idea why

it was listed on Amazon.com as something one could pre-order with a release date of March 1st, which of course I did pre-order it...but then I was informed by Amazon.com that it isn't available, and nothing furthur about it

it should be well worth waiting for

perhaps they are waiting to release it around the same time that the new Bela Fleck and the Flecktones album hits the shelves, which is supposed to be sometime this spring

4. AJ Love

AJ Love

Oct 8, 2002
    Madison WI USA
  5. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
  6. why not try to learn some songs for your self its a better experience for now...then buy the book later and check your answers:)

7. shon

shon

Nov 27, 2002
    Healdsburg, CA!!
    Well, right now, I'm trying to learn the vision...it's going ok I guess. I think a book would help me a lot because I'm friggin lazy. Heh. And i'm fearing that I'm probably playing a few parts wrong. Ya know?

8. true.....I like the vision but im kind of concentrated on more love. I already know all classical thump and most you cant hold no groove. More love is so damn confusing with that cool effect i cant tell if its tap, slap, or finger picking so i geuessed tap

9. just a question on my part... anyone know all the songs that are going to be in this book?

10. shon

shon

Nov 27, 2002
    Healdsburg, CA!!
    I know Norweigein Wood and Classical Thump are going to be on it. I have a question for you, John. Why are you trying to learn all of Vic's songs off of A Show of Hands? I admit they're cool, but I've seen that you have a website dedicated to you playing his songs. Just a question.

11. cause someone at my school said i couldnt play one vic song...so i decided to prove him wrong.

People under estimate me.

12. shon

shon

Nov 27, 2002
    Healdsburg, CA!!
    I'm surprised he knows who Victor Wooten is. Sadly, he's only known widely in the bass world. Unless you prove me wrong, ofcourse.

13. he plays bass, but not well. You know what is strange? My brother when i first started playing bass told me about Vic Wooten. He doesnt play anything. I think he saw him with bela fleck at one of those 3 day concerts with a trillion bands and there are a lot of hippies there.

Anyway i learned about vic through a non bassist

14. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Me too, A guitarist told me who Vic was....he told me all about how vic does backflips and stuff on stage and how he's been playing since he was 2.

15. AJ Love

AJ Love

Oct 8, 2002
    Madison WI USA
    I am looking forward to that book

I am even more interested in learning Flecktones songs though than Victor's solo song, as the Flecktones are my favorite band

I was hoping to find some Flecktones songs in standard notation or tab on the Net but so far have found nothing more thana couple of songs...anyone have any ideas (I did order the Flecktones transcription book, which isn't a bass book per se but is more lead sheets and chord changes...still should be helpful tho')