Victor Wooten's "peace anthem"

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Si-bob, Sep 1, 2003.

1. i heard a piece on the drummers collective/bass day 2002 cd (that i think is called "victors peace anthem")
    I'm just intersted in the gear he used for that piece? I realise he used some looping along the way, i'm monstly interested in the bass he used for the solo, was it his tenor bass, or something higher such as a piccolo bass?

2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I do not know the piece in question.

But in all the times I've seen victor live, he almost always uses his tenor bass for his solo set, Was the bass a natural wood tone? did it have a little yin-yang sticker on it? and a lot of wear around where his fingers had scrapped the wood from his slap stuff?

The phrase sampler he uses is called the lexicon Jamman, and it is not being made anymore, but that's not to say you couldn't find one on eBay if you looked hard enough.

Other alternatives to the jamman are the
    Boomerang Phrase Sampler

The Boss RC-20 Loop Station

And the Digitech BNX3

The BNX3, is what I have, and it is probably the best value, although it is the most expensive, it not only gives you an excellent phrase sampler(that is based on the jamman's specs) but it also gives you a wealth of killer effects.
  3. i havn't seen the video, just heard the CD, so i don't know what the solo instrument was.