Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Victor's Jam

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by Wxp4759cb, Sep 22, 2002.

1. Wxp4759cb

Wxp4759cb

Nov 23, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    I've been working on transcribing Victor's Jam, by Wooten. If no one can help me I guess I'll continue.

I was wondering if any one could provide me with a tab of the first few bars. Its in the bass extremes book, so I'm sure someone has it.
    Thanks,

2. wulf

wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    Go on then - here's the first bar (with the 16th note lead in):

G---|---7---------------0--------------|
    D---|-------------0---------0----------|
    A-5_|_7---4-4_5-----4_5----------------|
    E---|-----------0---------0---x-0-3_0--|

e   1 e & e 2 e & e 3 e & e 4 e & e

Underscores indicate slurs - all notes are 16ths. The x is played by hitting the strings with the left hand (left hand thump) - everything else is either thumb (E and A strings) or popped with the fingers.

As you can see, it's pretty complex to tab. Since I'm just copying out of the book rather than doing it by ear, I'd better stop there - why not just buy the book?

Wulf

3. Wxp4759cb

Wxp4759cb

Nov 23, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    Thank you VERY much.
    :D :D :D

I probably will buy the book eventually, but I'm trying to lean this song before Friday.
    :eek: :D

4. wulf

wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    If you're able to get it worked out before Friday enough to play it close to the original, you'll probably find the Bass Extremes book isn't really up to your level. I'd look for something a bit more challenging instead :cool: ...

Wulf

5. Wxp4759cb

Wxp4759cb

Nov 23, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    I wasn't trying to sound like a bad ass. Sorry if it sounded that way.

I need to be able to get through it Friday so I can play it with some other people at a jam. (Not for an audience). I don't expect it to be perfect. Also I've been working on it awhile, but there was a part I didn't think I was playing right (which I wasn't) that I wanted to check.

Thanks for the tab though.

:)

6. wulf

wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    Enjoy your jam :)

Wulf