1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Video clip of Fuzzhugger's Great Wall

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bigchiefbc, Mar 31, 2009.

1. bigchiefbc

bigchiefbc Supporting Member

Oct 9, 2006
    Rhode Island, USA
    I thought that this was one of the bassiest fuzzes I've ever heard. No clean blend needed on this mother. Just figured I'd share.

Don't know how many of you guys have been to fuzzhugger.com, but they are a kickass shop. They sell Devi Ever, Mellowtone, smallsound/bigsound, seppaku and DBA, as well as their own pedals.

Youtube clip

2. Chronicle

Chronicle

Sep 13, 2006
    NY
    will check out later

3. I like that they have a control for volts. Perfect control for achieving the buzzy gated tone.

Other than that, I don't really notice just a whole bunch of bottom end...

4. rcubed

rcubed

May 8, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    Sounds like a good amount of clean coming from it (assuming they are not multi-tracking the bass lines). I'm not liking the fuzz part of it though.

5. bigchiefbc

Oct 9, 2006
    Rhode Island, USA
    Weird. Are you listening to it through a good set of headphones/speakers? Because when he hits low notes, it's pretty damn thumping to me on my headphones.

6. Creative EP-630s, clones of relatively high end Sennheiser earphones. They have pretty good bottom response from my experience with them, but it could be that they aren't picking up what you're hearing. :confused:

7. bigchiefbc

Oct 9, 2006
    Rhode Island, USA
    OK fair enough. Maybe I'm just used to losing a lot of bottom end with fuzz, and this sounded pretty good to me. Oh well, different strokes

8. jetofuj

jetofuj

Jun 16, 2008
    PL
    Check out Sepukku FX (sub-octave synthesizer and pitch modulator) and also Mellowtone's Wolf Computer Fuzz :bassist:

9. There is a lot more bottom end on tap from the great wall than the youtubes would lead you to believe..

listen to the 2 part demo mp3 clip posted today.

http://www.ilovefuzz.com/viewtopic.php?f=142&t=4246

MM

10. beggar98

beggar98

Jan 23, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    I just got my four knob Great Wall and really dig it. I love that it will give me a big wall of fuzz tone without the annoying break-up and splatter at the beginning and end of notes. Really sounds amazing with my POG running into it.