Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Video: Final Version of my "Solo"

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by OysterBoy, Dec 10, 2005.

1. OysterBoy

OysterBoy

Sep 19, 2004
    Ontario, Canada
  2. irjason

irjason Supporting Member

Nov 17, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    Seems like you are off to a good start. I didn't care much for the visual effects though.

3. You're definitely off to a good start man!

I'd recommend cutting the clip shorter- we don't really need the warm up or the slapped note at the end.

Do you play left handed or is that a flipped image to go along with the effects?

4. ryandude713

ryandude713

Aug 15, 2003
    california
    Very nice solo.
    I would love some tabs for that badboy :D
    Althought I do agree that the warmup and ending slap aren't needed.

5. slapcracklepop

slapcracklepop

Jun 28, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Hey sounds cool tab that for us

6. OysterBoy

OysterBoy

Sep 19, 2004
    Ontario, Canada
    Bump; I posted the tab kind of late, wanna make sure everyone who wanys it can get it.

ciao

7. OysterBoy

OysterBoy

Sep 19, 2004
    Ontario, Canada
    Thanks :). The hard part, for me, is handing it over to my bands guitar player :(. I've written an enite song featuing that solo, including a pretty groovy bassline, and it seems to work better on lead guitar. Oh well, atleast we all know who wrote it orignally.

Sorry if Im not making much sense, Im doped up (had surgery on tuesday... yesterdfay?) on my feet. No jammin for a week :(.

Oh and yes, the video is mirrored; I'm right handed.

8. Akami

Akami Four on the floor

Let's see more, but leave off the dead space at the beginning next time! :)

9. Great solo man.

I only wish you could print out the tab at activebass, it's hard for me to learn stuff in front of the computer.

The effects are simple, yet effective (no pun intended).

Keep it up :bassist: .

10. OysterBoy

OysterBoy

Sep 19, 2004
    Ontario, Canada
    Try this, LizardKind.

Hold Alt, then press PrtScreen (Should be near your scroll lock button). Now, open up MSPaint, or any old Image creation prgram, and hit Ctrl+V (Or, right click, Paste). Erase any unwanted stuff (as prts creen will take an image of your screen at the time), and then print that image.

As for leaving too much on at the start; my bad. It was mainly just so I could see the visual effect in action, but I realize now I didnt need THAT much dead space. :p.

Thanks alot guys, hearing positive (and or constructive) comments is what keeps me playing. :bassist:

11. OysterBoy

OysterBoy

Sep 19, 2004
    Ontario, Canada