1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Video from a tiny headstock-mounted camera

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by davecheng, Apr 18, 2010.

1. I recently got a small video camera for my backcountry skiing helmet-cam videos.

Last night, I decided to clamp the thing to the headstock of my bass:

Boogie Oogie
    Rock With You

The camera isn't the best in low light, but it does offer a pretty unforgiving perspective (mistakes and all)!

For reference, though the tiny HD HERO camera has amazing 1080p video quality, the audio is pretty crappy. What you hear is from a small digital recorder placed elsewhere in the room and synced.

2. GregJ13

GregJ13

Nov 22, 2009
    Arkansas
    pretty sweet man, I've always loved that POV.

3. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    LOVE the video driving on the Cherohala!!!!! One of my favorite roads ever.:) However, I do it on two, not four, wheels.

4. MarcusPocus

MarcusPocus

Aug 28, 2008
    Allen, Tx
    Where did the audio come from? It sounds nice.

5. baalroo

baalroo

Mar 24, 2008
    Wichita, KS
    very cool perspective, gives me some good ideas actually. thanks for posting this, definitely enjoyed it.

6. @MarcusPocus, the audio from the GoPro camera is kinda crappy. I recorded it separately on a digital recorder (Zoom H4) and synced it in Final Cut.

@Philbiker, most of my friends though I was crazy for driving all the way to TN/NC from Toronto just to, well, drive some more. But damn, are those roads ever epic...