Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

video games

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by heath_the_great, Oct 20, 2004.

1. what were the last 2 video games you finished (without cheating) and what is the game/s you're playing now..

last finished
    1. metal gear solid 2
    2. grand theft auto: vice city

now
    1. final fantasy X

2. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    When I do play video games, I generally tend towards ones that have a substantial online capability... Keeps it fresh...
    What's my last one? Hmmm,, Project Gotham Racing 2.

3. Last 2 finished:
    1) Final Fantasy X
    2) Need for Speed Underground(Beat it twice in the past month to get the extra stuff)

Next Project:
    Need for Speed Underground 2(when it comes out of course)

4. vbass

vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    1. Vice City
    2. Splinter Cell

I'm surprised I even got around to beating those. I normally will play 3/4s of a game and go on to the next one, hard for me to stay focused/interested enough to finish.

5. Speaking of Video Games...

A 49 year old homeless guy was beat to death last week by 3 teenagers in town. They said it was like in Grand Theft Auto.

So they're 15-17 and don't know the difference between video game and real life...

I finally finished Medal of Honor Rising Sun.

6. sad isnt it....thats why i dont let my little brother play my games....and my parents wondered why i chucked a poopie when he took max payne out of my room and started playing it....and the fact that he leaves cd's on the floor and steps on them :scowl: :rollno:

7. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
  8. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I finished : "Champions of Norrath" and am going round again - previous to that, I finished the second Baldur's Gate.

I shall be on to the Bard's Tale on PS2 soon though! ;)

9. I've completed Doom3 recently, but before that, I can't really remember, as it's been a while. I'm more into team-based multiplayer games, so I havn't completed a sp game in a while with that one exception.

10. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Rainbow Six -online
    Unreal 2K4 -online
    Splinter Cell 2 -online is cool, but sparse
    Halo, until it annoys me. -online
    Medieval Total War -not online yet, though it is capable.
    Doom 3 onlione capable, but I played the single player.

I have a bunch more, but these are the ones I'm still playing right now.

11. Oh, forgot the now part!

Half-Life: Natural-Selection
    Half-Life: The Ship
    Doom3 multiplayer

Those are the ones I play the most.

12. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Complete:
    Tony Hawk Underground
    Conflict Desert Storm

On the way.....
    Tony Hawk Underground 2

-Mike

13. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Still playing:

Manhunt (Biiiatch!)
    Arcanum (again...)
    American McGee's Alice (Okay, so I stopped playing it like, 6 months ago. I fully intend to pick it up and finish it...eventually...)

I don't see many new games these days. Now they're incidental. Birthday's, Christmas, maybe steal one from my brothers, something like that. I usually just need a game to putter around on.

Like the Tony Hawk and Dave Mirra games. Something to keep my eyes and hands busy while my brain thinks. Most games you can't zone out on. You can in games like GTA (3, VC), but most try desperately to keep your attention, and are too "engaging" in that matter. If I want to be engaged, I'll read.
    Not that I don't mind video games. I dig a ton of them. My money and time is usually otherwise occupied, is all.

14. I don't belive that's possible.:D

HALO
    Burnout
    Burnout 2
    Killswitch
    Ghost Recon Thunder Island
    Rainbow Six 3
    Star Wars Battlefront:rolleyes:
    Amped 2 (took a while, too!!)

Rock on
    Eric

15. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Hey Eric,

Did you play the first iteration of Amped? If so, how does it compare to Amped 2? I always promised myself I'd get it, but never did. Most of my gaming friends over at www.tugg.org didn't get into it... They only want to shoot each other...

One game I DO want is, MechAssault2!!!!

16. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I really liked the first Amped. It drew fire for being "too laid back." Whatever that means. It was, however, about as close to being immersed in snowboard culture as it comes. I also really dug that the pro's didn't give you crap when you couldn't top their runs. They're all like "Hey man, that's cool. Wanna go again?"

I liked that game...

17. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    best game EVARR!!!111

18. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    Last finished... uh. Apart from a couple of freeware adventure games, I honestly can't remember. Was it so long ago I finished a game? I think it was Gabriel Knight 3, which I played last winter.

I've been meaning to finish a bunch of games for quite a while. Worthy of mentioning would be System Shock 2, Alice, Prince Of Persia: Sands of Time and Doom 3 (the last two I am yet to even install!). I never seem to find the time. School, music and exercise takes too much time - which I guess is a good thing.

19. It's a lot better. You get point multipliers for chaining tricks together, so going from a double backflip indy to a 50-50 rail grind to a 720 nose grab which would land you about 19,000 points or so would get mulitplied 2.5 times. I like that a lot.:D

The only thing I don't like it those stupid butters. Left stick down then up quickly. Cool and all, but that's also how you do minute mid-course speed corrections!! Sudden;y you are balancing on your tail instead of setting up a good jump.

Graphics are better, the runs are longer, plus the snowmen talk to you. There are also style points for doing a trick smoothly, ie not slamming your self around a 1040 tail grab.

Plus the bonus video clips are much better. And the chick border is, well, "twin peaks" comes to mind.:D

Rock on
    Eric

20. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    How's the XBox Live support? I just kinda envisioned the ability to setup your server, & then leave the mountain open,,, so to speak...