[VIDEO] Me and Piano player performing Paganini's 24th Caprice

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Riouken, Mar 11, 2006.

1. Riouken

Jun 19, 2005
    This a video of me and my friend doing a bass and piano duet. We have done our own variations on a theme of Paganini's 24th Caprice.

I'm using the double thumb technique a lot of the time in the video and some harmonics tapping in one section but nothing major.

Try one.

2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Very impressive. I almost wish the piano was busier at parts though. Maybe some more activity in the lower register since you are all over the place. Still really cool though.
  3. Big nebula

Big nebula

Feb 15, 2006
    Yeah,I liked it man.:hyper:
  4. reitedasc

Jun 23, 2005
    Amazing technique, but your playing the theme to sloppy. Remember, this is a technique exesice and your suposed to play i PERFECT.
  5. Riouken

Jun 19, 2005
    Thanks for the comments guys, hihgly appreciated!
  6. For some reason, my computer won't let me see WMV video files. The video played, but I can only hear it, the visual was missing.
    But anyway, from what I HEARD, it sounded freakin awesome. Sometimes it felt like the slapping didn't fit right, but overall I loved it. Very good stuff man.
  7. Excellent. For the amount of preparation, it was fine. Perfection could be had with simply more time to practice anyways.
  8. gwx014

Dec 22, 2005
    Very Good! As said before sometimes the slapping doesn't quite fit at one or two times throughout. Very good though. That was really cool! :)
  9. you are a very talented bassist!
    i wasn't very fond of the slap (or maybe it just sounded that way) but since you are a lot better than I, I won't worry about it :)
  10. BassManPatsFan

BassManPatsFan Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2004
    San Francisco
    Impressive, but your slapping doesn't seem to fit with his piano playing. To my ears at least. A more conservative approach probably would have worked better, especially when playing a duet with a piano player who has a huge range in front of him. It seems that since you were all over the place, he was constricted to playing very simple stuff where he could have elaborated more if there was more room. Still cool.