Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Video - My Band Doing The Cure

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Quadzilla, Aug 25, 2005.

1. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

All-

A couple of you asked for a better shot of my LeCompte bass in one of my earlier recording threads. Well here you can see it pretty good especially if you right click on in the video and set the video size to double or full size. Sorry that the video quality kinda sux and is small, but I had to shrink it due to size limits from my ISP...

This is not nearly as techincal as a song as my last post (linked in my sig below) but it's a fun easy song and you can see my bass much better than the other video (when it got dark). Again, playing a LeCompte ST-5 thru a Kustom Groove 1200 head and Avatar cabs (1x12 and 2x10) with no effects, only the bass and the head baby! Let me know what you think. Again, if you want something a bit more technical, check my other video linked in my sig... Thanks!

DV Does the Cure
    :D

2. Your bass sounds very good. Maybe dial in a bit more mid lows and bring yourself a bit higher up in the mix.

But, I gotta tell ya, your singer needs some serious work, and the guitarist playing the main melody line really needs to discover the wonderful world of delay, reverb and chorus.

3. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Bear,

Thanks so much for the response! This is EXACTLY the kind of feedback that I was looking for! We just got rid of that singer (mutual parting, no hard feelings) and have a new singer and second guitarist. So we have been working hard with them for the past few weeks. Again, thanks soooo much for your honest opinion on all of us (not just me).