Video of "Schism", by Tool

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by bobaweeka, Jun 14, 2001.

1. bobaweeka

Jan 2, 2001
    Has anybody seen the video for that song by Tool? I just saw it on MTV, Yes a video on MTV, and it was the strangest video I've ever seen. It made me want to change the channel, but kept me intrigued. Very eerie. It kind of reminds me of some of the stuff MTV had on liquid television. I loved liquid television...........
  2. Schism is definitely a terrific video. Tool always seems to put out high-quality stuff, and their album art and videos always amaze me.

By the way, long-time viewer, first-time poster here. Good to finally get involved.
  3. schism is nothing compared to most of tools videos. there old ones are way more twisted than that. MTV actually plays REAL music? muchmusic(canadian music station) only plays pop and rap, very rarely plays any sort of heavy music. its a pain in the ass
  4. jljohnson85

Nov 27, 2000
    Woodstock, GA
    Schism is a great video, but my favorite is Sober
  5. melvin

Apr 28, 2001
    ive seen that video a few times. its crazy wierd. i too also wanted to change the channel but i couldnt. also i cant eat after i see that video or keep eating while its on and so on.
  6. I did like the schism video , it makes you think Adam Jones ( Tool's guitarist who directed the video along with a couple others) would be kinda dissapointed if he ever went to hell. It's a good video but in my opinion Stinkfist is by far better. It has a very ...... I don't know a very sober feel to it but it is well directed.
  7. There was some MTV awards show that was on recently(can't remember if it was movie or music). As the winners went up to collect their award, they played Schism!
  8. oddentity

oddentity Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2000
    I liked it, but I thought it was somewhat formulaic... I mean, all the recent Tool videos involve either:

1. People in disturbing costumes doing wierd things to each other;

2. Odd claymation creatures doing weird things to themselves/each other;

3. A combination of the above.
  9. Staindfan10

Jan 20, 2001
    tool is amazing and adam jones is extremely talented to create all the videos yeah i thought it was badass
  10. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    i liked the old videos more...

i think they should make more strange videos with other techniques... this last one look very similar to some of the videos in the past...
  11. I like all theyre other videos a lot more than schism. I especially like prison sex. I think it was a video that had more to do with the song than most of theyre other videos, the others are just visually enticing and intriguing.
  12. I think that what Tool does with their videos is great. Twisted, or distrubing or whatever you want to call it, you must admit they obviously get what they want out of them and put some effort into them. It's quite nice after you see all the candy coated crap that rock "stars" put in their videos.
  13. Schism is a really good video, but my personal favortie Tool video is Anemic, Sober is really good
    too. I am one of the lucky people who have MTV2, all music videos all the time, so i can tune into that and usually see a decent video and not some crap show that would be on MTV.
  14. I just saw it and it was either pure genius or pure $***. i can't tell. :D eerey though with the pulling out the vain EEEEEEEEEEWWWWWW*shivers*
  15. BigJH

Jan 20, 2001
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Yeah they make some messed up videos that keep you watching. Sober freaked me out when I first saw it but I was younger. But I think that Schism was an interesting video.
  16. The song is amazing but never seen the video..
  17. the first time i saw that video was late at nite when i had just gotten back from a ziggy marley concert and it scared the sh*t out of me
  18. Schism is a pretty sweet video, and I forget who said much music only plays rap and pop, but I've seen the video for Schism very many times, and I've seen quite a lot of videos that arent rap and pop. Maybe people only watch muchmusic when the non-real music is playing... if you want heavy music on much music, then watch Loud...