1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Video of the new Cirrus

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dr. Cheese, Feb 8, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis

It looks pretty close to the original and it sounds good too. It will also come as a 5 and 6.

2. Double Agent

Double Agent Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2006
    Lakeland, FL
    Glad to see Peavey brought these back. One of the most underrated basses ever made IMO.

3. TinIndian

TinIndian

Jan 25, 2011
    Micco Florida
    Great basses. Long overdue for Peavey to finally bring them back. They really should of never stopped making them to begin with.

4. christle

christle

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    I definitely want to check these out.

5. Dr. Cheese

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    The guy also says it has graphite rods in the neck like the original. Assuming this is an import, it will closer to a Skyline style import, instead of the typical BXP.

6. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Maybe these imports will make the used USA models even cheaper!

Dr. Cheese likes this.
  7. dinodino

dinodino

Mar 9, 2008
    Will all come down to actual build quality. In terms of the sound, it sounds pretty close to the original, but the BXP also had the same electronics and some people could even make those sound pretty good:

8. Dr. Cheese

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I am thinking that these new Cirrus basses will be high quality imports like expensive Ibanezes or Lakland Skylines.

9. If that's the case,and the price is good, they can definitely write me down for a 5. Been gassing for a cirrus for a long, but the prices of used US models has climbed so much over the last few years.

10. socialleper

socialleper Bringer of doom and top shelf beer Supporting Member

May 31, 2009
    Canyon Country, CA
    I thought it was weird that they stopped making them. It's one of their most popular models. That would be like Gibson saying "we aren't making Thunderbird basses anymore."

11. Dr. Cheese

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    My hope is that the new imports will be successful enough that Peavey can re-open a small Cirrus Custom Shop in Mississippi.

12. If these are in fact a similar business model to the skyline series of basses, we're in for quite the treat.

A Cirrus 6 string with high quality and an import price is probably a huge game changer for me :p

I'd be interested to see how these sell; hopefully very well and a lot of new models pop up. A fully stealth cirrus would be sweet!

kodiakblair and Dr. Cheese like this.
  13. I love my Cirrus. It has been my main bass you years now. The thing plays like butter and I rarely have to do a set up. Battery life is good on these things too. I change the batteries (the preamp runs on 2-9v batteries) roughly every 18 months or so. The only issues I have had with mine is the preamp died about 6 years ago and I had to replace it (I think the preamp was only $50) and there is this weird cracking in the back of the body that has been there since I owned the bass. It hasn't gotten any worse so I don't pay it any mind.

TinIndian and Dr. Cheese like this.
  14. Thanks for posting the video Dr.Cheese, it's just like it's meant to GREAT.

Love both my BXP & USA Cirrus so I'm pleased others will get to experience the joy of owning one.

Dr. Cheese likes this.
  15. Bass_Thumper

Bass_Thumper

Oct 20, 2009
    Madison, MS
    Thanks a lot for the video. Like others, I've always wanted a Cirrus but just never pulled the trigger. If the quality is anything like my Skyline 55-60, I'll have to add one of these to the collection for sure.

16. Dr. Cheese

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I read in another thread that they will be priced from $995-$1,500, that suggests a high quality import like a Skyline.

TinIndian likes this.
  17. MNAirHead

MNAirHead Supporting Member

wow... thx for posting;.

Dr. Cheese likes this.
  18. StuartV

StuartV Finally figuring out what I really like Supporting Member

Jul 27, 2006
    Manassas, VA
    Sweet! The guy in the video is Bobby Baldwin (aka @BbbyBld ). He's the engineer that designed the new Peavey MiniMega 1000 amp that he is playing through. Too cool!

Dr. Cheese likes this.
  19. Dr. Cheese

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    That's nice to know!

20. KPJ

KPJ

Oct 2, 2001
    Methuen, MA USA
    Which has actually happened a few times.

Very cool, Dr. Cheese. The Cirrus has been on my bass to own list. Good to see Peavey bringing them back in any form.

Dr. Cheese likes this.