1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Video Post: EMG BTC Dip Switch Demo

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by rashrader, Dec 3, 2018.

1. rashrader

rashrader

Mar 4, 2004
    Baltimore, MD
    Good Day!

My son has really been getting into making YouTube videos and live streaming over the last few years.

He was a big inspiration in making this video and he did all of the editing and video work. I basically recorded and edited the audio.

Anyway.... Why did we do this? I was already recording takes with the switches in different settings so that I could find the frequency response that I liked. I told him about it and he pitched the video idea. Also, it was a rainy day and a father/son project is always a good thing. Enjoy!!

JGR and GlassToMouth like this.
  2. Great video! From someone who has 3 basses with similar pickups and preamps, this is great info. After getting the aforementioned guts installed, I've always messed around with the dip switches. I seem to always gravitate towards 1 off, 2 on. It's set as such on all my BQC and BQS equipped basses.

rashrader likes this.
  3. rashrader

rashrader

Mar 4, 2004
    Baltimore, MD
    It was definitely a fun project. Thank you for your kind words sir! :)

GlassToMouth likes this.
  4. bigtone23

bigtone23

Dec 10, 2014
    Denver, CO
    Very useful video. It's nice to get a solid comparison of the settings.

rashrader likes this.