Video Progressions - Fingerstyle Funk

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by rabid_granny, Aug 26, 2002.

1. I've heard lots of good stuff about the Slap Bass Program. Is the Fingerstyle Funk program any good?

The search produces too many results for "fingerstyle funk". But I did see that Big Wheel recommends the video.
  2. shoephone

Oct 17, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Hey Rabid_granny,

I'm just about finished updating the new Video Progressions site. If you want to check out the tape, we've posted three samples of the video and a sample page of the book.

Also, let me know what you think of the new site.

Take care,

3. i was given the video as a gift unfortunently there was no music sheets or tab to go with it, but saying that its a great insight into how rocco plays, the video is quite long nearly 90 mins, and in that time he shows his technique and the best ways to play like he does. i would definently recommend it if you want to learn to play 16th notes, who better to learn from.

plus i'd buy it for the outakes alone, rocco makes quite a few really funny mistakes.

4. That slap bass video is nice!
  5. SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    I'm surprised there's not more dialog on this at TB.

I'm a late discoverer of this video, but I'm now going through it, and it is one of the best instructional videos I have ever seen.
  6. vinny

Apr 3, 2006
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Are these vids gonna be available as DVDs any time soon? I went to the site & was all over these things 'til I realized they were VHS, I just can't pull the trigger on tapes.
  7. SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    I'm with you. I am a late discoverer of this outstanding video, and I couldn't bring myself to paying for VHS, either.
    I don't even have a VHS player hooked up any more.

But, I have good news for you. You don't need no stinkin DVD. :) You can buy and download the video in Windows Media Player Video WMV format right from Rocco's website.
    Check it out.