1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Video review questions

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by DosiYanarchy, Jun 12, 2019 at 3:48 AM.

1. Get Schwifty: I like to watch a review with a key great settings

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. Show me what you got: I want to see how all the controls sound at all settings

6 vote(s)
    85.7%
  1. Some of you know that I have a small YouTube channel where I run through pedals kinda sloppily.

My personal preference is for videos where I can see how all settings work and the knobs work together but I do like the shorter videos where you see 2 or three key settings that sound good.

But what do you prefer?

I'm not sure whether I should look to shorten my videos and just have some tasty settings rather than go over everything.

2. fuzzspiral

fuzzspiral

Dec 8, 2018
    Italy
    Hi! I voted for "show me what you got". In my personal experience is very helpful to see/hear every combinations of settings. Where I live you don't find almost anything except for boss, mxr, ehx, ecc and the most "in fashion" pedals. So, against my will, if I need something different I have to buy from internet without trying...
    Exploring a pedal in all his parts is really appreciated, even more with a description of the gear used (passive vs active bass, tube amps vs transistor, ecc). If I'm interested in something, I don't mind to spend some minutes more.

Ah, can you put the link of your channel, please?

DosiYanarchy likes this.
  3. Thanks for the response! I agree with you, if I'm looking to drop money on a pedal, I want to be sure it's worth the investment. If it has one sound, but it's a great sound, that's fine but if there's more options, I want to know: "what's the range of the tone control before I lose low end", "how does the gain and the tone control interact?"

AmateurEffectsReviews

4. crguti

crguti

Feb 14, 2011
    Smurf Village
    loop a phrase (fingers and pick), then play the exact same thing changing settings.

Sergi and fuzzspiral like this.
  5. fuzzspiral

fuzzspiral

Dec 8, 2018
    Italy
    Ah ok, I know your channel, I also asked you something about the ss/bs mini...nice job, keep going! :bassist:

DosiYanarchy likes this.
  6. expatmuso

expatmuso

Sep 3, 2015
    I don't really have a preference, kind of depends on what pedal is being reviewed, my mood, other variables. I will say that I'm usually turned off by any pedal review/demo that is longer than 8 minutes. Just my two cents.

DosiYanarchy likes this.
  7. Robertron

Robertron

Feb 12, 2010
    NewYork, NY
    Both. I like reviews that showcase good tones and also run through each parameter to show how each one attenuates the tone. Shouldn't be a reason you can't fit both in a video.

DosiYanarchy likes this.