[Videoclip] My band, Ashville... [stoner/metal]

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Phyrexian, Mar 22, 2005.

1. Hello everyone,

perhaps this isn't the right forum but I'd like to introduce my band to you. I play bass in a band called Ashville. We're from Belgium and play heavy stoner rock and blend in metal and some blues from time to time. I'm posting this so I can get some feedback about our music... hopefully you like it...

Recently we made a videoclip that's up on our site, ready to be downloaded.

http://www.ashville.be/ (under multimedia/video)

feel free to tell me what you think about it,

2. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Not bad dude. That last riff/breakdown is absolutely killer.

A few suggestions:

1. Drumming has a strange feel in the beginning, I think this because he is playing the single beats on the hi-hats. I bet it would add interest and make the drums a little more "grooving" if he tried playing those disjointed single beats on the ride (or some other cymbal that has good sustain) and add sixteenth note double stroke fills on the hi-hat.

2. Singer really has a different take on that super dry, John Garcia (Kyuss) sound. Not my cup of tea, but not horrible. He stays mostly in key and has a good stage prescence, the latter is often hard to find in singers. With the backup vocalist/guitarist you guys have an awesome way to set yourselves apart from most of the "stoner rock" (hate that term) bands. If the singer and the backup singer could work out harmonies ala Alice in Chains it would definitely give you guys a leg up on the competition. QOTSA is the only other time in recent memory that I've heard harmonized vocals in modern rock and roll and they really didn't do that all that often.

All and all it was pretty damn good, keep up the good work.
  3. Thanks for checking it out! Your detailed review is very very very much appreciated!