Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

videogame soundtrack

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by barroso, Feb 26, 2002.

1. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    i am in love with the soundtrack of this videogame called DRIVER. it's so '70! glittering funk! i love that! is there a videogame soundtrack you dig and you can suggest?

2. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    I like the soundtrack from Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1. Its got Primus and The Dead Kennedys, need I say more?

3. Wild Bill

Wild Bill

Dec 30, 2001
    Boston MA
    Pong had a good soundtrack *Bonk* *Bonk*:D

4. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    There's tons of great C-64 tunes on the net. You can even play them in Winamp with the SID-plugin.

From the newer PC games I liked the Half-Life soundtrack.

5. air_leech

air_leech

Sep 1, 2000
    Israel
    I already started a thread about that a year ago but Interstate '76 has a soundtrack so good, I actually bought it for the supplied music CD with all the tunes in CD track format.

btw, the game is nice too :D

6. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Dave Mirra BMX for PSX

7. Marble Madness for the 8-bit Nintendo has some really cool music.

8. Any of the Castlevania games have awesome gothic sounding soundtracks. Check out Oysterheads sig for one. It's really cool. Also, FF 9 and FF 10 have soundtracks on CD. From playing both games, I would say they are cool, but not sure if they are worth the $18 for them. If you can hack into your system (ie with the gamshark), you can play the soundfiles and record them from there.

9. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Jet Set Radio Future for X-box! My bro just got it, and it's title track, has this AMAZING slap bass part under a synth/key part. It's frigging nuts.

10. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    How is that game, Brendan?

11. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I'm not the JGR fan...it's my bro's, but from what I can tell from having played it for a few hours myself, and from their hooting an hollering, it's a pretty damned good game.

12. Wild Bill

Wild Bill

Dec 30, 2001
    Boston MA
    I love the Death Metal song they play when Zanarkan is destroyed in FF10