Videos for every song off the new Metallica

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by StayLow, Nov 17, 2016.

1. StayLow

StayLow

Mar 14, 2008
    The new album is out tomorrow, and late last night they released a video for a new song every few hours until the whole of the album was represented. I believe all but the first three weren't previously released. Great gimmick!

Home - Metallica

My faves are the Lemmy tribute video for the song "Murder One" (unsure if the content is appropriate, so won't link it) and this one called "Spit Out The Bone".

Funny that it resembles the look of this - http://www.megadeth.com/sites/megadeth.com/files/news_media_uploads/Megadeth-Dystopia.jpg

As an old-school fan, this is the best and most consistent album I believe I've heard from them in a very, very, very... very long time. Sounds classic without being an outright rehash. I'd prefer harsher vocals, but diggin' it regardless.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
  2. RickyT

RickyT

May 29, 2015
    Dee Why
    I loved Hardwired, Atlas Rise, Moth and the song you linked but.......

After listening to it all week......the rest of the songs are just boring. Mid tempo, nothing exciting at all. James' voice is great and the guitars sound fat but the songs just aren't doing it for me. The thing I can't stand is they start with a really heavy riff and then turn into this mellow mid paced snooze fest. I think Lars plays the same beat in every song. One song even starts out a bit like Harvester and you think "great something heavy" but nope, not to be.

I still love them though.

3. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    I believe Beyonce came up with that gimmick, or rather whoever she pays for her creativity did.

4. StayLow

StayLow

Mar 14, 2008
    Who?

Kidding. It's a great gimmick in any case. I didn't say they invented it. Leo Fender didn't invent the electric bass guitar and there's no Easter bunny. No kidding, but we carry on!

5. AaronVonRock

AaronVonRock

Feb 22, 2013
    Bangkok
    I like most of the songs I've heard so far and I like the idea of dropping all the videos at one time. But that video for Spit Out The Bone is just cheap looking. It reminds me of a student film or one of those low budget Steven Segal movies that is shot in Eastern Europe and released straight to DVD. I think Metallica has the budget to do better.

6. StayLow

StayLow

Mar 14, 2008
    My guess is they may've held a contest for indie filmmakers to create vids, and/or offered limited budgets deliberately. I dig it.

Thrash metal, especially retro-thrash, inherently has a cheesy element to it if we're honest. Might as well have fun with it.

AaronVonRock likes this.
  7. AaronVonRock

AaronVonRock

Feb 22, 2013
    Bangkok
    Huh? What are you talking about?

P-oddz likes this.
  8. StayLow

StayLow

Mar 14, 2008
    Freaky! I was actually going to cite "Killing Technology" as a rare bit of thrash totally deserving of a Star Wars-like budget. Literally typed half of it then erased it.

Stupendous.

AaronVonRock likes this.
  9. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

Such a great album. I'm so happy for the band! :bassist:

StayLow likes this.
  10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 20, 2021