1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Videos of my bass in action

Discussion in 'Setup & Repair [DB]' started by George700DL, Apr 24, 2010.

1. George700DL

George700DL

Jan 9, 2009
    Maryland
    This past Thursday I ended up playing the viola at a Hungarian event. I took some videos of it. I lent my bass to our bass player, whose bass is out of commission at the moment.

I'm the dude in the middle, playing the rhythm viola (held vertically). My friend is playing the bass I made (http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=622379). When we got to the venue we found out there would be no amplification, so the entire set was 100% acoustic. Despite the chatter from people eating, drinking, and talking, the bass seems to cut through in a relatively large room. (But it sure does help if your computer speakers have a subwoofer:) ).

I took the video with one of those tiny pocket cameras, with a not-so-great microphone, so it picked up a lot of the chatter which was actually closer to it than the musicians. OK, enough excuses.

Enjoy.
    George

2. Gearhead43

Gearhead43

Nov 25, 2007
    NorCal
    Sounds like a knee, thigh, and leg-slappin' good time. :D

The fiddles sound cool, as well as your bass.

3. George700DL

George700DL

Jan 9, 2009
    Maryland
    That's what they do I guess:)

Thanks - I'm just glad it was loud enough.

George