1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Video's of set up

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by inspire thy..., Dec 19, 2006.

1. Ok, I am looking for some video's of how to set up a bass. I am totally hopeless when it comes to electrics and adjusting stuff - so I thought maybe a video guide would help.

Please post links.

Cheers, Simon

2. Thanks man, but I am a bit of a tight arse, do you know of any on youtube or stuff like that?

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Not that I've seen. There are plenty of step by step tutorials. That's about it, no vids that I've seen.

4. Could you point me in the direction of some of these step by step tutorials - like I said, I am hopeless! :)

5. jsbass

jsbass

Sep 3, 2006
    WI
    What part of setting up your bass do you need to know? Tuning? Putting strings on? Intonation? Truss adjustment? The list goes on, but if you tell me I could help you.

6. I know how to tune and put strings on - I have been playing for over 5 years... I just need some advice on lower/raising my action, advice on what inotaition is, and what the purpose of the truss rod is.

Mainy just want to be able to adjust my entire neck to either lower or raise the action using the truss rod or this inotation thing (I sound dumb, I know). Simon

7. Ok, I just realised that earlier on - SORRY!