Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Vidsonix Speakers

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by skin, Jul 31, 2003.

1. skin

skin

Jun 22, 2003
    Baton Rouge, LA USA
    Discovered this company on eBay.

They have cabinets for Pro Sound in the monitor and PA arena. Anyone know anything about these guys? The reviews look believable.

www.vidsonix.com

2. funkcicle

funkcicle

Jan 9, 2004
    Asheville, NC
    bump.

I'm curious about this brand too, and this is the only archived message I found. Anybody ever try one? $99 for a 4ohm 2x10 cab.... hm.

3. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    My band uses the 8" monitors for the drummer. They are cheap, and sound OK. Just OK, not stellar. They work fine for monitoring. They aren't real loud, nor too distorted. But for the price, they work fine.

The only issue is that these speakers are 6 Ohms.

4. Nick Wagner

Nick Wagner

Feb 24, 2003
    WA, USA
    BUMP!

Im curious as well.... anyone else have experience with anything other than the 8" monitors?

5. I know that I'm responding to an ancient thread, but it's still open; someone else could be searching for Vidsonix...
    My experience with Vidsonix so far has been excellent. I have a pair of the 8" passive PA speakers - Apollo 8. Powered by a used 200 watt mono Yamaha powered mixer. We use them for mic'ed vocals and acoustic/electric rhythm gui****. They're smooth, natural sounding, stay clean at high volumes, and built very tough. Nothing about them will take our breath away except the value.
    Occasionally, I even plug my bass into the mixer and practice through them when I don't want to use up my tubes' lifetime.
    I'm even considering their 15' powered speaker as a back-up.

6. dkcornelius

dkcornelius

Jan 14, 2009
    Don't mean to butt in but if anybody is interested, I have a pair of Vidsonix Super Nova 12's (powered) and one Vidsonix Powered sub and I absolutely love them. We have a 5 piece variety band and we have miked everything thru them, except for the bass and they are awesome plus they are light and easy to transport. Now granted we do play small outdoor like pigroasts and barbecues and small to medium indoor venues but I can't say that we have really pushed them so I can't really say how they would hold up to that but for us they work great. I'm going to get another powered 15 sub and contemplating the Apollo 8's too. By the way, the Super Nova 12's make great powered monitors for us as well. Hope this was helpful.

Daryl