1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

View Youtube vids at work? Yes, you can!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mr. Pickles, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Mr. Pickles

Mr. Pickles Supporting Member

Nov 11, 2006
    Dutchess County, NY
    I'd like to contribute to the cuurent recession by enabling all you slackers to view Youtube and other blocked content at work.

Image, document, music, and video content can be e-mailed to you in an appropriate format to bypass your network's restrictions. No need to download software.

Let's say you want to watch a vid of an effect that's picqued your curiosity. When you click on the link, you get something like this:

ACCESS DENIED!

Internet access to the requested website has been denied based on your user profile and organization's Internet Usage Policy.

Category: R Rated
    Blocked URL:

Create a free account. Go to download video. Paste the URL.
    Select the conversion format-for example I convert the Youtube vids to WMV so that I can watch them on my computer's Windows Media Player. Enter your e-mail address and convert. Zamzar will send you an e-mail with the file attached. Download it to your workstation and view at you leisure.:D

2. D Rokk

D Rokk Banned

Feb 19, 2009
    Delta Quadrant
    stickin it to the man since 1145 thismorning!

3. I have my iPhone with me at all times, why would i need to hack into a work computer to watch YouTube?

4. ehque

ehque

Jan 8, 2006
    Singapore
    Um. Are you sure, the way this economy is doing, that you WANT to draw attention to the fact that you aren't doing work, at, well, work now?

5. Steveaux

Steveaux Supporting Member

Jul 1, 2008
    The Wilds of NW Pa.
    *sigh* ... company man.

:rollno:

6. Fontaine

Fontaine

Apr 27, 2006
    why yes, clearly.

the was made by slackers, for slackers.

7. Mr. Pickles

Mr. Pickles Supporting Member

Nov 11, 2006
    Dutchess County, NY
    I only view this stuff on my "breaks."

8. ehque

ehque

Jan 8, 2006
    Singapore
    Still schooling, but quite an IT person.

9. Easy8

Easy8

Sep 5, 2007
    Austin, Tx
    My company's IT dept beat us to it.

You cannot access the following Web address:
    http://zamzar.com/

**** has restricted access to certain categories of sites due to potential security, ethics, or operational concerns. The site you are attempting to access has been blocked for this reason.

<Snip>

The site you requested is blocked under the following categories: Personal Network Storage

10. hippiesandwich

hippiesandwich

Aug 29, 2003
    San Jose
    Affiliated with Looperlative Audio Products
    Size limits on attachments aside, the internet police at your office are probably monitoring band width as well as what you are clicking on, so the downloading of huge files will show up to them as well.