Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Vigier arpege III, should i or shouldnt??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by vene-nemesis, Mar 26, 2005.

1. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    ok i might get some money soon and i just saw this amazing vigier arpege III 4stgs(90/10 neck) in a store for 1000€ the back has some scratches, the front in perfect exepting for a stripe out (2cmts long) on the lower side, not visible from the front, the electronics are perfect and all original, hardware works perfectly but the bridge is a little scratched, it has a 6 month guarantee + it passed the dealers controls when it got to the store, it comes with the gigbag and SOUNDS AMAZING!!! super bright growl, incredible slapper, tapping it was like a dream, fingerstyle sounded rich and mid-full something that will slice the mix and your ears easily.

Ok im in love :hyper: , what do you guys think about it?

i like it working perfectly but the repaint thing would take at least 2 months due to vigiers 10 layer barnish + drying process

2. my my bass teacher has a really nice vigier with a carbon graphite neck and a fretless brass fingerboard. for 1000 euros i would defo snatch it up .

3. chris h

chris h Guest

Jun 16, 2002
    Oxford, England
    Vigier basses are quite unusual in the states I beleive. I am one of a few members here (slugworth and nanookanono being among others) who own some Vigier basses. I have two Passion models, one series II and oone series III fretless (details on my website) and adore them both. Amazing clarity, tone and punch. Would love to see some pics of the bass you are looking at if you happen to have any?

I say go for it. You already love the tone. Stand out with a Vigier!

Cheers
    Chris

4. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    giveme a week or 2, and hoping that noone buys it ill give you pics of it IN MY HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!

i cant get that thing out of my mind, i remember it every time i close my eyes :crying:

5. chris h

chris h Guest

Jun 16, 2002
    Oxford, England
    Great, make sure you do! Cant wait!

6. Hi vene-nemesis,

Can't tell about II and III series as I know only series I.

Be careful : I would mind for bridge problem :
    Vigier's bridge for Arpège is a body through custom one and expensive.

I just changed a bridge on my new used Arpège 039 fretless for 300Euros, mind that I bought it at Vigier's factory and then fixed it by myself.

This one from early 1980ees had corrosion gone inside and completly warped.
    I suggest you check the bridge carefully : the bottom must fit to the woodbody with no space between. In that case, the aluminium cast(iron) is warping and is too fragile for string tension.

The highgloss on Vigier guitars is special one that needs 2 months at the factory and might cost about 900 Euros.

7. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España

are u sure about the 900 euros???

the bass was certified by the dealer (a big company that wouldnt like to be sued), and the bridge was just scratched on the lateral corners (you should know which corners i mean), mechanical stuff works perfectly. And it has a 6 month store guarantee.

THX for the advise.

8. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    Geezer played one...that's good enough for me!

9. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    great, but i like to play basses because i like them and not because someone important played one. + is not his most used model (he prefers the exess bass).

10. Lo end PUNCH

Lo end PUNCH

Jan 28, 2005
    Racine,Wi
    Those are like $4200 in the U S. :meh:

11. slugworth

slugworth Banned

Jun 12, 2003
    So. Calif.
    If it's a recent ArpegeIII and in solid condition, 1,000 Euros is a steal....Buy it. I'm going to order a new one probably this week, it's going to run about $4,500 with a 6 month wait :eek: I've never seen a used ArpegeIII 4 string fretted
    for sale anywhere. They are incredibly unique and rare instruments. You've made an incredible find.

Slug

PS. Please post some photos!!!!

12. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    how unique? im in europe, next to france dude :D

13. slugworth

slugworth Banned

Jun 12, 2003
    So. Calif.

>>>> Right dude. I know where Bilbao is. The Arpege 3 is a very expensive and low production bass. It is not something you see very often in the used marketplace. In fact, I have never seen one, although the older ones show up occasionally. You should buy it.

Slug

14. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    i think im going to buy it, but if someone buys it be4 i will have to burglarize + commit 1 or 2 homicides!!!!!!!

hehe kidding im just going to drug them.

the bass finnish is a little screwed like 32% (just the back is BAD, but not really bad).

EDIT: i just read my dealers price list and the standard arpege costs 4100€ how the fu"k did you got that super nice price of 4200 USD???

BTW my location also says Spain and i didnt meant to ofend you so sorry if you felt like it. :D

15. slugworth

slugworth Banned

Jun 12, 2003
    So. Calif.
    >>> No worries. What color is the bass?

16. slugworth

slugworth Banned

Jun 12, 2003
    So. Calif.
  17. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    something like diamond black burst that looks like the transparent steel on centre.

18. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España