1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Vigier Passion series 3 5 string

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ped, Mar 8, 2008.

1. ped

ped User Commercial User

Aug 30, 2006
    York, England
    Owner: Basschat.co.uk
    Hi folks,

I have had two Vigier basses for a long time now, one fretted and one fretless. I recently got this 5 string to add to my arsenal and for a long time the 4 string sat unplayed as I was over the moon with the 5. But - and this always happens - I went back to the 4 for a while after my ears had 'tuned out' of the sound of it and it confirmed yet again that the 4 is really 'me' and as kiwi said when we last met, I am really spoilt by it. It has seen of Alembics, Bossas, Bacchii, Pedulla, Marleaux - I always come back to it, and now it has 'seen off' its 5 stringed sister.

The bass is quite unique in how it is made. First of all the neck is 10% carbon and 90% maple. The carbon rods are 75% carbon so overall the neck is stronger than the graphite weave Vigier used to use. You also get the added benefits of the sounds from the maple. There is no truss rod so the neck is engineered with the 'textbook' amount of relief (A credit card thickness).

The pickups are two Benedetti single coils - extremely high output and very clear. The pre-amp is a rotary eq frequency selector and a cut/bypass/boost switch. There is a master volume and a tone control which affects only the bridge pickup. Those crazy French.

I have recorded some tracks with the bass already and it sounds superbly clear, fat and growly. I will add them here shortly, but you can also see/hear the bass in this youtube video which is a demo of a longer video I will be making shortly for Vigier: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WILDNiF6k38

I am looking for what I paid for her - 1500 Euros, so call it $2300. There is no original case for it but I can get a Vigier case sent over or supply details of where to get one if you wish, otherwise I have a warwick gig bag and will pack it very nicely indeed. Collection is preferred - I would love you to come and play it first, but I realise in this forum it is likely to be a postage deal, so I am willing to ship internationally.

The spec is as follows:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Serial # - 086 - 23/04/1991
    5 string Custom model - Maple/alder/Maple body

NECK
    Neck through body, featuring the 10/90 Neck System™ (10% carbon with 90% naturally dried and aged maple wood).

FINGERBOARD
    Phenowood

SCALE LENGTH
    33.8 in / 860 mm

FRETS
    21 + a zero fret (or as an option 24)

ACTION AS SUPPLIED AT
    12th fret treble .0078 in / 2.0 mm
    12th fret bass .0098 in / 2.5 mm

WIDTH OF NECK AT
    nut 1.673 in / 42.5 mm
    12th fret 2.441 in / 62 mm

DEPTH OF NECK AT
    first fret .76 in / 19.5 mm
    12th fret .945 in / 24.0 mm

STRING SPACING AT
    nut 1.378 in / 35 mm
    bridge 2.835 in / 72 mm •

MACHINE HEADS
    by Schaller

BRIDGE
    Kahler quick-release

STRINGS
    I will include a brand new set of Elixir .040- .130's

BODY
    Naturally dried and aged flamed maple, alder or walnut wood (natural walnut only)(1.57 in / 40 mm thick).

FINISH
    Over 10 coats of varnish, 2 months drying time.

WEIGHT
    Approx. 7.27 lbs./3.3Kg

ELECTRONIC CAVITY
    Sprayed with a shielder.

ACTIVE CONTROLS
    Volume
    Pickup pan pot
    Frequency pot
    Cut/off/boost switch
    Tone pot

PICKUPS
    Twin single-coils by Bénédetti

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have attached the manual for the bass for details concerning bridge adjustment, electronics cutoff freq. etc. plus a four page review of the bass.
    To see these documents please look here: http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=14897&hl=

Here are some piccies:

PasionTotal7-1.
    Vigier5.
    P9200859u.
    P8240798.
    P8240797.
    P8240796.
    P8240793.

Here are some sound samples:
    http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?s=&showtopic=99&view=findpost&p=103896

Many thanks for looking - don't hesitate to ask any questions, request specific pics or sound samples.

ped

2. ped

ped User Commercial User

Aug 30, 2006
    York, England
    Post weekend bump...

3. ped

ped User Commercial User

Aug 30, 2006
    York, England
  4. ped

ped User Commercial User

Aug 30, 2006
    York, England
    bump

5. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    That is HOT. Best of luck finding it a new home!

6. ped

ped User Commercial User

Aug 30, 2006
    York, England
    Thanks!

7. 3NotesAbar

3NotesAbar

Jul 3, 2005
    Singapore
    Bump for a great guy, and a REALLY GREAT bass!

Hey Ped, dunno if you remember me, but I used to be on your forum (same user name i think). Cheers!:D

8. ped

ped User Commercial User

Aug 30, 2006
    York, England
    Thanks for the kind words. I do remember you - We used to talk about Kubicki basses! I am still waiting for a good one to appear. From a financial standpoint, i hope that doesn't happen any time soon!!!

Cheers and hope you are well

ped

9. 3NotesAbar

3NotesAbar

Jul 3, 2005
    Singapore
    Wow, you do remember! :)

If i find one i'll send you a link here. In fact I have one, and its great! Take care my friend!

10. ped

ped User Commercial User

Aug 30, 2006
    York, England
    SOLD!!

Don't you dare! I will go straight back to being skint again!!!

Cheers and god bless
    ped