Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Vikings @ Eagles

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by karrot-x, Jan 16, 2005.

1. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    Discuss

EDIT:

Ya, that's right moss....the pants are now back on!

2. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    When I left the house about a half-hour ago to go to work, Philly was winning. I also saw Randy Moss get tackled by his hair, which made me a little gleeful.

:)

3. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    They were never off.
    BTW, I need the Vikes to win this, so that the Falcs can have another home game.

4. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    Hehe, moss is a mistake....he had a horrible game...was walking all over the place. If his leg hurt him that bad he would have done his team better to sit down and shut up....but no, he's randy moss.

So many greats plays that game :0.

5. SteveC

SteveC Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    I've been watching the Viks for almost 30 years. Born in MN, I still live very close. I now watch them just to see how many ways they can mess up a game. I'm never disapointed.

6. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    LOL! Welcome back to reality Minnesota Chokers. I was almost physically ill listening to sports talk radio this week and all the Viqueens front runners talking about the Superbowl. Each one that called and said "We really have a shot, we're rolling now" made me retch and laugh at the same time. The Viqueens did nothing to deserve to be where they were. The backed into the playoffs. In the first round, Green Bay played so horribly they may not have won had their opponent been Heidelberg College. Watching Moss pout and be the talented but no heart punk that he is, almost made my day today. It almost makes me sad to see Daunte Culpepper on that team. I respect his ability and heart, but none of his surrounding cast seems to have any of his qualities.

BTW, what happened to pro wrestler idiot Chris Hovan? I thought he was the next big DT? He cant even start this year! LOL....talk about trying to make a name on a pretend rivalry with Brett Favre.....

7. Hovan has been injured all season, IIRC

8. I'm a die hard Vikings fan, and every year the playoff scene is the same for them. No matter how good they do during the regular season, they always seem to forget how to play football during the playoffs.

9. mikemulcahy

mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss

Me too John...oh well...

Mike

10. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Um...have we been watching the same Vikings team the last couple of years? :D

11. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    :D

12. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    The Vikes need to move back outside...same for the Colts.
    ("OK", the Vikes won IN Green Bay; every so often even a blind squirrel will stumble upon a nut).

Regarding Moss-
    I think Michael Irvin hit the nail on the head...Moss is a great WR, he is not a great player. Great players make those around him into great players.
    An analogy would be a great bassist not being a great musician.

13. From what I've heard, the Vikings do want to move outside, as do the Twins. However, the tax-payers in the Twin Cities do not want to pay for 2 stadiums to replace the Metrodome, as both teams are tired of sharing it.

14. Well, we have to remember that with the Vikings, "good" is a season above .500 ;)