1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Villex Owners Club

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by meev992, Nov 13, 2007.

1. Club Thread for owners of Villex products.
    ~~~~non-members are welcome to post and ask questions about Villex products!...All you need to know is that it's fantastic ;)~~~~

PM me for numbers (if I missed you, otherwise I'll just add when I get the time.

be sure to post pictures of your bass! Or even guitar, if it has a Villex Product :D

nov: 24 ~~~~ club membership reaches 14 members.

~~~~~~~~
    1. meev992
    2. treebranch13
    3. m.oreilly
    4. NorCal Dog
    5. fullrangebass
    6. mr pablo
    7. Mr. Majestic
    8. A9X
    9. Dragonlord
    10. DaveAceofBass
    11. mr pablo
    12. Mr. Majestic
    13. john keates
    14. Marcus Willett

-Wentz Signature with PRTB

HPIM15.gif

2. treebranch13

treebranch13

Oct 31, 2007
    I am getting a jazz SC, Jazz hum, and MM hubucker from them

3. those are so expensive! wooow :eek:

that's going to sound pretty sweet.

4. m.oreilly

m.oreilly

Jul 5, 2006
    Ukiah, CA
    hey meev, good call (re: club!). villex are dang fine kit. about time :bassist:

5. NorCal Dog

NorCal Dog

Nov 28, 2005
    415/707
    had a set of SC's that i dropped in a MTD Saratoga,,, sounded alright.. & had William make me a custom HB for a SRX-400,, & even tho it was maple/maple/rosewood, it sounded very dark,, even with the adjustable mids,,, it went from very very dark to just dark. until i started reading up on "Q" & then did a search...& picked up a Q-filter from Bill Lawrence,,, totally transformed the tone... can filally get some shimmering highs on the top end,, can now get some killer slap tones ;)

6. :bassist:

I want to say, it's the best kept secret in the world of bass, but it really shouldn't be like that. William is a great guy and his stuff is top-notch :cool:

I love the rotary tone booster, helps beef up my tone for practically nothing (as in, no battery/pedal, which is fantastic).

7. fullrangebass

fullrangebass

May 7, 2005
    Europe
    Count me in

8. mr pablo

mr pablo

Oct 22, 2007
    Fife, Scotland
    Count me in. I have a MIJ P bass with a villex booster installed :bassist:

9. Mr. Majestic

Mr. Majestic Majestic Wood Supply Supporting Member

Dec 3, 2005
    From Louisiana/In Arkansas
    Majestic Swamp Ash
    I want in! I have a Devon Diamond J with soapbars and an active/passive Low End Pre-amp. WOW! It sounds HUGE! It has just about everything in there. I'll post some pics later.

10. hey everyone :D

thanks for joining, and spread the word!

What surprises me the most, is how profound the quality of Mr. Villex's products are. It's like the best kept secret in the bass world!

11. A9X

A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Australia
    I have three sets and will order a fourth for my Steinberger next year.

12. Dragonlord

Dragonlord Rocks Around The Glocks

Aug 30, 2000
    Greece, Europe
    Well... I just bought my first villex set! So count me in too, definitely a fan.

13. DaveAceofBass

DaveAceofBass Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    I have Villex custom humbuckers on my Linc Luthier Impression bass....count me in.

14. fullrangebass

fullrangebass

May 7, 2005
    Europe
    I have just installed another pair of Villex pickups!!! It allows the instrument to breath and still sound full and balanced across the spectrum

15. welcome DaveAceofBass

and I would just like to recognize fullrangebass, for helping me make the decision to purchase a villex product in the first place :D

in any case, don't be shy folks! Show off your basses. The club membership (albeit small), is fully up to date.

16. john keates

john keates

May 20, 2004
    I have some Villex soapbars from the time when he made humbuckers. They are in my trusty old Yamaha TRB1. I also have an old version of the booster before the design was finalized.

I agree that the sound is huge! There is a lot of control available.

17. A9X

A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Australia
    It's raining and dark as hell here today, so I'll take some later in the week. The bass is dark with black pickups, so....

18. Marcus Willett

Marcus Willett

Feb 8, 2005
    Palm Bay, FL
    Endorsing Artist: Bag End - Dean Markley - Thunderfunk
    I've got 3 basses with Villex pickups and love them...great stuff!

Thinking of getting another Stambaugh and I wonder if I could get William to build some type of soapbar or dual coil model besides the MM.

Also, got an email from him last week that sounds damn exciting;

"Marcus keep in touch, new Villex system is coming soon. Very powerful!! Passive 3 way EQ. Enormous dynamic range, signal to noise ratio and cable driving specs...even regular standard cheap cable will have no influence on highs Full spectrum Villex pickup will have x 3 more output than overwound P."

Woo-hoo!:hyper: can't wait!

19. A9X

A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Australia
    Please post here when he sends that info. Does sound interesting though I suspect the "x 3 more output than overwound P." is to compensate for the lasses in a passive EQ.

20. Marcus Willett

Marcus Willett

Feb 8, 2005
    Palm Bay, FL
    Endorsing Artist: Bag End - Dean Markley - Thunderfunk
    Got another email. Apparently the new system is available, with a few caveats.

According to William "New system is ready. I already sold a few The only thing is low pot works in reverse. It boosts lows counterclockwise. It will take some time till I get special designed pots from manufacturer...(important): I will replace old pots for new to all customers."

Also interesting is "I can easy make special extra XLR output"

It's a whole new system;

"Passive 3 band 3EQ/Booster $120. XLR output - extra $20. Pickups start from $75 for one 4 string single coil Jazz. Since 3EQ/B system has superior signal/noise ratio I will strongly recommend use humbucking types pickups to fully appreciate system's value. So far I sold just soapbars."

Definitely something I want to look into!

FWIW: I have no commercial affiliation with Villex in any manner whatsoever, nor do I receive free or discounted products from Villex. I'm just a very satisfied customer who would like to see his work get the recognition I think it deserves.