Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Vince Young is headed to the NFL.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MJ5150, Jan 9, 2006.

1. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Texas quarterback declares for draft

Kind of a surprise to me. Probably not to those who saw him play more than I did. So much for Texas winning another championship next year. With USC and Texas losing several key players, perhaps it opens the door for Penn State and 784 year old Joe Paterno. :)

Now the Texans need to decide which player they want to put behind that offensive line to be crushed all season. Young, Bush, or Lienart. The other gets to go to New Orleans and endure the same punishment. I would love to see Vince Young take over for McNair in Tennessee. I think the Titans are not far off from being good again.

-Mike

2. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Bummer. I hope he does as well in the league as he did in college.

Houston needs to work on their O line more than they need any of the Top 3. Carr could perform if he wasn't looking at the sky every other play.

3. fookgub

fookgub

Jun 5, 2005
    Houston, TX
    :crying: Why so soon Vince?

4. muggsy

muggsy Supporting Member

Dec 14, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    Because his NFL stock will never be higher than it is right now. I don't think anybody on the Texas team or coaching staff can fault him for this decision.

5. gamera

gamera

Sep 20, 2004
    Gloucester, MA
    His NFL stock may be high in the media but, coaches know better. He is a playmaker for sure. The problem iwht Young is, he doesn't take snaps under center. He is a shotgun option QB. This means three years studying in the NFL before he will be able to play at least decently. I'm not saying he can't do it, but it isn't the easiest transition to the NFL game. Play action is a lot different, and requires much quicker defensive reads.

Houston should sell the #1 pick to the highest bidder who will give them the best and most draft picks. 1 guy will not make a deifference with the Texans. Besides, the Texans already have a good to excellent runningback in Domanick Davis. If they could open up a couple more holes and keep him healthy, he is a stud.

6. alembic76407

alembic76407

Apr 29, 2004
    Oklahoma
    everyone at Univ. of Oklahoma is happy

7. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    :D

i bet!