Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Le Basseur, Feb 1, 2005.

1. Le Basseur

Le Basseur

Mar 26, 2002
    Croatia one uses them?
  2. Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    I used to use them all the time, got mine from Subway Guitars in the bay area. I lived in Laguna Beach at the time, but my gf was up in Berzerkley. I bought them in bulk, and boy, were they cheap! I think back then (late 80s, early 90s) they were about $6 a set in bulk (10 or 20 sets, IIRC). I was a tone Nazi at the time, as soon as the strings would start to lose their sparkle, I'd change them. As often as two sets a weekend, if I was playing a lot (which I was). I only got two bad strings out of over a hundred sets. One was an E that broke just above the Bb, 6th fret (WOW, was THAT ever a weird feeling!) the other was a G that broke at the bridge. I found that they were quite good, and after doing some digging around, I found that Vinci was one of only a handful of actual manufacturers of bass strings in the US, and sold to many "name brand" labels. Good enough for them, good enough for me!
  3. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Worst strings I have ever played. Really trebley, and they went dead very quickly (2-3 days). I like my strings kind of dead, but these went from zing to lifelessness in that time.
  4. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    I just put a set of nickel rounds on my Fender/Squier Jazz and I really like them.