1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale Vintage 1959/60 Ampeg M-15 "Big M" combo amplifier

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by robassable, Feb 14, 2020 at 1:14 PM.

1. robassable

robassable Supporting Member

Feb 2, 2014
    Price:
    This old M-15 is covered in its original Random Navy Flair tolex, which ampeg used only up until the very early 1960's before switching to blue checked vinyl makes this Big M a pretty rare and collectible one. It sounds really sweet. Everything works except the tremelo. In full disclosure it is highly likely that the amp would benefit from a recap and routine tune up. A recap should be a simple fix for the tremolo, as well as provide a power output boost. That said, it sounds really good as is, with a buttery fat tone. In remarkably decent cosmetic condition for its age with a several dings here and there, which is a good thing since you can't even buy this style tolex anymore. Being that this is a vintage 60 year old tube amp, I will not guarantee this amp to work at all upon delivery, despite the fact that I will remove all the tubes and take extra care to pack it the best I can. Other than the Leather handle being long gone, everything on this amp is original and all there. 600 shipped anywhere in the USA lower 48

Attached Files: